19th Century Biedermeier Style Carved Fruitwood Lowback Side Chairs - a Pair
A pair of refined side chairs done in gorgeous honey colored fruitwood, and although they were created in the late ...
more A pair of refined side chairs done in gorgeous honey colored fruitwood, and although they were created in the late 19th century have a highly modern elemental aesthetic. Not a bit overdone in any of its lines or proportions, it sits in unselfconscious elegance. The only overt decoration is an understated carving of a lotus flower, a motif that adds to the lightness of feeling conveyed by the chair’s small scale form, which draws the eye to the minimally low back. The seat is tufted in a high quality upholstery fabric and is unusually comfortable. Seen from the side, the chair backs form an elongated cyma curve terminating gracefully with slightly splayed legs. This sinuous hint elevates the straight lines of the chair to a balanced sculpture.
The fruitwood that was used to veneer these chairs is left with a lot of its natural character, showcasing mild grain patterns and some very interesting knotwork. These chairs are a tasteful addition to any room and have that remarkable talent for fitting in with a wide range of interior décor.
Measurements: 24 3/4” H x 15” W x 17 1/2” D, 16” H to seat
Upholstery in "good" condition with no noted flaws. Repairs to splats on both chairs, one with remnants of glue and the other with a small nail head visible. Tacking blemishes from old upholstery in corners. Other surface wear, burns and blemish. Overall sturdy, strong and most striking. less
- 15.0ʺW × 17.5ʺD × 24.75ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $99
- Free Local Pickup in Shippensburg, PA
SILLA, LTD. "Fine Antiques, Art and Sculpture" in Shippensburg, PA
Silla, Ltd. is located in the historic downtown of Shippensburg, PA. Our collection focuses on ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Accent Chairs for Living Room
- Accent Chairs with Arms
- Animal Print Accent Chairs
- Armless Accent Chairs
- Bedroom Accent Chairs
- Black and White Accent Chairs
- Blue and White Accent Chairs
- Brown Side Chairs
- Cow Hide Accent Chairs
- Fabric Side Chairs
- Floral Accent Chairs
- Gray Side Chairs
- High Back Accent Chairs
- Paris Accent Chairs
- Patterned Accent Chairs
- Reclining Accent Chairs
- Round Accent Chairs
- Small Accent Chairs
- Striped Accent Chairs
- Studded Accent Chairs
- Swivel Accent Chairs
- Tufted Accent Chairs
- Unique Accent Chairs
- Upholstered Accent Chairs
- Vintage Accent Chairs
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.