1962 Abstract Expressionist Painting by Selma Moskowitz
This product is no longer available.
Mid-Century abstract expressionist painting by Selma Moskowitz, circa 1962. Beautiful shades of green, peach, grey, black, white and blue. Artist ...
more Mid-Century abstract expressionist painting by Selma Moskowitz, circa 1962. Beautiful shades of green, peach, grey, black, white and blue. Artist signed and dated. Back label titled "Violet Fields".
Selma Moskowitz (b. 1928)
Selma Moskowitz was a painter and educator. She obtained a BA in Art from the University of California, Berkeley (1950), and both an MA (1963) and MFA (1965) from the University of California, Los Angeles. She was also awarded a National Scholarship to the Art Students League in New York City and a Mabel Wilson Richards Fellowship from University of California, Los Angeles.
Moskowitz had an active teaching career. From 1968-1983, she was head of the art department at Oakwood Secondary School, North Hollywood, California. In addition, she taught classes at California State University, Los Angeles; UCLA Extension, Los Angeles; University of California, Santa Barbara; and the Los Angeles County Art Museum, CA.
Moskowitz exhibited frequently including solo shows at numerous venues including Jan Baum Gallery, Jacqueline Anhalt Gallery and Mount St. Mary's College in Los Angeles; University of California, Santa Cruz; and Davis and Cline Gallery, Ashland, OR. Her work has also been shown in a number of group exhibitions nationally, most notably The Early 60's at UCLA at the Dickson Art Center, University of California, Los Angeles; Generation of Mentors at the National Museum of Women in the Arts, Washington, DC.; and Mark Making at the Schneider Museum, Southern Oregon University, Ashland, OR.
She has won art awards from venues such as the Laguna Gloria Art Museum, Austin, TX and New York University, New York City, as well as both a New American Talent and Discovery Award from the Art of California Magazine. Her work has been reviewed in the LA Weekly by art critic Peter Frank and is included in LA Rising: So Cal Artists before 1980, by Lyn Kienholz. Her work is featured in many collections, including Mt. St. Mary's College, Los Angeles; UCLA Faculty Club and Neuropsychiatric Institute, Los Angeles; United Kingdom Mission to the United Nations, New York City; and numerous private collections. less
- 14.0ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 10.0ʺH
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in Oakland, CA
VINTAGELUXE in Oakland, CA
VINTAGELUXE offers a collection of modern vintage finds from all periods. We love the mix ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.