Gilt Bronze & Porcelain Mantel Clock
This product is no longer available.
In every way a work of exquisite craftsmanship, this magnificent work of art is a complex and wonderful timepiece. The ...
more In every way a work of exquisite craftsmanship, this magnificent work of art is a complex and wonderful timepiece. The case and figures are cast by the important and highly regarded bronzier Henri Picard, active in Paris 1839 through around 1884. His firm supplied extensive furnishings to Emperor Napoleon III and an important pair of candelabra are held in the collection of the Musée du Louvre. His work is always characterized by the finest chasing and doré. The present example depicts putto resting among flowers in the field holding a garland of florals between them while flanking an oversized urn draped with acanthus overflowing with flowers and leaves over an angular Neoclassical case. Eight individual hand painted porcelain panels are set in the case, each an entirely unique work of art featuring flowers and pairs of cherubs surrounded by gilt highlights over a bright blue background. The movement is a beautiful example of precise craftsmanship, the works in excellent condition and fully operating; the back of the movement is stamped “Etarliss Ement de Paris, Miroy Freres” and the rear pallet and anchor bars are both stamped “1524”.
This masterpiece is a rare and fine acquisition for the serious collector of the best of French clocks. Supreme in every regard, this is a statement piece that absolutely defines whatever setting it becomes a part of.
Light discoloration to gilding. Clock originally had six feet - one foot since lost, the remaining foot retained with the clock though it sits and presents perfectly with four legs. Tiny chip inside glass at edge of dial bezel. Dial with some discoloration. Replaced pendulum. Back door glass replaced with custom plexiglass, the door remaining ajar a few millimeters. Clock currently operating in the shop. less
- 25.5ʺW × 7.25ʺD × 18.38ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
SILLA, LTD. "Fine Antiques, Art and Sculpture" in Shippensburg, PA
Silla, Ltd. is located in the historic downtown of Shippensburg, PA. Our collection focuses on ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.