Gilt Bronze & Porcelain Mantel Clock
This product is no longer available.
In every way a work of exquisite craftsmanship, this magnificent work of art is a complex and wonderful timepiece. The ...
more In every way a work of exquisite craftsmanship, this magnificent work of art is a complex and wonderful timepiece. The case and figures are cast by the important and highly regarded bronzier Henri Picard, active in Paris 1839 through around 1884. His firm supplied extensive furnishings to Emperor Napoleon III and an important pair of candelabra are held in the collection of the Musée du Louvre. His work is always characterized by the finest chasing and doré. The present example depicts putto resting among flowers in the field holding a garland of florals between them while flanking an oversized urn draped with acanthus overflowing with flowers and leaves over an angular Neoclassical case. Eight individual hand painted porcelain panels are set in the case, each an entirely unique work of art featuring flowers and pairs of cherubs surrounded by gilt highlights over a bright blue background. The movement is a beautiful example of precise craftsmanship, the works in excellent condition and fully operating; the back of the movement is stamped “Etarliss Ement de Paris, Miroy Freres” and the rear pallet and anchor bars are both stamped “1524”.
This masterpiece is a rare and fine acquisition for the serious collector of the best of French clocks. Supreme in every regard, this is a statement piece that absolutely defines whatever setting it becomes a part of.
Light discoloration to gilding. Clock originally had six feet - one foot since lost, the remaining foot retained with the clock though it sits and presents perfectly with four legs. Tiny chip inside glass at edge of dial bezel. Dial with some discoloration. Replaced pendulum. Back door glass replaced with custom plexiglass, the door remaining ajar a few millimeters. Clock currently operating in the shop. less
- 25.5ʺW × 7.25ʺD × 18.38ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Shippensburg, PA
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
SILLA, LTD. "Fine Antiques, Art and Sculpture" in Shippensburg, PA
Silla, Ltd. is located in the historic downtown of Shippensburg, PA. Our collection focuses on ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.