Gray Malin Prada Marfa "Dawn" Photograph
Photograph of the elusive Prada Store in the small town of Marfa, Texas.
Image Size: 11.5"(w) x 17" ... more Photograph of the elusive Prada Store in the small town of Marfa, Texas.
Image Size: 11.5"(w) x 17" (h), Paper Size: 13”(w) x19” (h) – Signed but no edition · Ships flat.
Print signed by the artist.
Printed on premium archival luster paper.
When I first went to the small town of Marfa, Texas and shot some images of the elusive Prada Store on the side of the highway, I knew I had to return. Dreaming up concepts to photograph at the store for months, this series of work is nothing more than glimpses of my imagination and wit.
Back in 2005 two artists named Elmgreen and Dragset came to Marfa to find the perfect location for their hyper-commercialism vision of a free standing Prada store in the middle of nowhere. The store was built from the ground up using minimal materials and a very exclusive 2005 line of Prada purses and shoes were placed in the installation. The door was sealed after the store was completed- never to be reopened. less
- 19.0ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 13.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in Chicago, IL
Taylor in Chicago, IL
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 2Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.