- Casegoods & Storage
- Dressers & Chests of Drawers
- Fine English Georgian Mahogany Lowboy Dressing ...
Fine English Georgian Mahogany Lowboy Dressing Table, Circa Late 18th/Early 19th Century
This product is no longer available.
The warm red surface of this gorgeous mahogany lowboy is well preserved with a deep glowing patina throughout from years ...
more The warm red surface of this gorgeous mahogany lowboy is well preserved with a deep glowing patina throughout from years of rubbed wear. The top is a single solid plank of mahogany affixed to the case with a series of small triangular pine blocks around all four sides, the edges of the top attractively molded and the back edge projecting quite significantly over the back, allowing the table to rest directly against the wall despite the depth of the floor molding. The sides of the case are a thick mahogany veneer over pine secondary woods, these tenoned into the corner posts in the same manner as the back board.
The front of the case features four drawers with crisp tiny hand cut dovetails in the oak secondary woods, the oak sides and bottom cut very thin to allow as little excess weight as possible in the form. The bottom boards are set into rabbeted sides with a single vertical strip applied along the front edge and a pair of flanking oak strips applied along the sides. The top drawer is separated from the lower drawers with a full depth pine dust board behind the oak drawer blade faced with a thick mahogany veneer; the same economical construction was employed in each drawer blade and vertical divide. The case retains originality throughout, the structure untouched, the only replacements being some cockbead molding and the brasses on the top drawer.
This is such an attractive little dressing table for any home with a classic English structure - a perfect compliment to a hallway, entryway along the wall in a living room or even for it’s original use in the bedroom. A flexible and gorgeous chest of drawers, this is a piece you will certainly cherish in your home for a lifetime.
Period but replaced brasses. Lower left drawer with repaired crack to inside of drawer. Old refinish with beautiful polished surface, light age appropriate wear and shrink cracks as expected, thin shrink cracks to sides of case. Bottom-middle drawer missing cockbead molding along lower edge, cockbead molding on several drawers patched or replaced. No key. less
- 30.25ʺW × 20.13ʺD × 27.63ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
SILLA, LTD. "Fine Antiques, Art and Sculpture" in Shippensburg, PA
Silla, Ltd. is located in the historic downtown of Shippensburg, PA. Our collection focuses on ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- 12-Drawer Dressers
- 2-Drawer Dressers
- 3-Drawer Dressers
- 4-Drawer Dressers
- 5-Drawer Dressers
- 6-Drawer Dressers
- 7-Drawer Dressers
- 8-Drawer Dressers
- 9-Drawer Dressers
- Antique Dressers
- Baby Dressers
- Bamboo Dressers
- Bedroom Dressers
- Cherry Dressers
- Distressed Dressers
- Double Dressers
- Dressers with Mirrors
- French Dressers
- Large Dressers
- Long Dressers
- Mahogany Dressers
- Maple Dressers
- Media Dressers
- Narrow Dressers
- Nursery Dressers
- Painted Dressers
- Pine Dressers
- Reclaimed Wood Dressers
- Small Dressers
- Tall Dressers
- Triple Dressers
- Vanity Dressers
- Vintage Dressers
- Walnut Dressers
- Wicker Dressers
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.