- Casegoods & Storage
- Dressers & Chests of Drawers
- Fine English Georgian Mahogany Lowboy Dressing ...
Fine English Georgian Mahogany Lowboy Dressing Table, Circa Late 18th/Early 19th Century
This product is no longer available.
The warm red surface of this gorgeous mahogany lowboy is well preserved with a deep glowing patina throughout from years ...
more The warm red surface of this gorgeous mahogany lowboy is well preserved with a deep glowing patina throughout from years of rubbed wear. The top is a single solid plank of mahogany affixed to the case with a series of small triangular pine blocks around all four sides, the edges of the top attractively molded and the back edge projecting quite significantly over the back, allowing the table to rest directly against the wall despite the depth of the floor molding. The sides of the case are a thick mahogany veneer over pine secondary woods, these tenoned into the corner posts in the same manner as the back board.
The front of the case features four drawers with crisp tiny hand cut dovetails in the oak secondary woods, the oak sides and bottom cut very thin to allow as little excess weight as possible in the form. The bottom boards are set into rabbeted sides with a single vertical strip applied along the front edge and a pair of flanking oak strips applied along the sides. The top drawer is separated from the lower drawers with a full depth pine dust board behind the oak drawer blade faced with a thick mahogany veneer; the same economical construction was employed in each drawer blade and vertical divide. The case retains originality throughout, the structure untouched, the only replacements being some cockbead molding and the brasses on the top drawer.
This is such an attractive little dressing table for any home with a classic English structure - a perfect compliment to a hallway, entryway along the wall in a living room or even for it’s original use in the bedroom. A flexible and gorgeous chest of drawers, this is a piece you will certainly cherish in your home for a lifetime.
Period but replaced brasses. Lower left drawer with repaired crack to inside of drawer. Old refinish with beautiful polished surface, light age appropriate wear and shrink cracks as expected, thin shrink cracks to sides of case. Bottom-middle drawer missing cockbead molding along lower edge, cockbead molding on several drawers patched or replaced. No key. less
- 30.25ʺW × 20.13ʺD × 27.63ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Shippensburg, PA
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
SILLA, LTD. "Fine Antiques, Art and Sculpture" in Shippensburg, PA
Silla, Ltd. is located in the historic downtown of Shippensburg, PA. Our collection focuses on ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.