English Mahogany Writing Desk
This product is no longer available.
A very well crafted writing desk from the turn of the century, this is almost certainly an English piece, the ...
more A very well crafted writing desk from the turn of the century, this is almost certainly an English piece, the craftsmanship tight and precise throughout. The simple molded top frames a relatively fresh untooled red leather writing surface, projecting gently over all four sides of the frame, this with a set of three drawers on the writing side. Each drawer is crisply hand dovetailed with original pulls and brass lock, these easily moving in and out of the case. The desk is supported on turned legs with an H-form stretcher in the typical manner for William and Mary furniture, the bold baluster of the medial stretcher tenon mortised into the flanking sides and locked with pins. The side stretchers likewise tenon into the legs for a permanent and powerful joint. This is a handsomely designed piece with a well cared for surface, remaining in overall excellent condition - it was crafted to last the test of time, to be an investment that would last for future generations. It is classic and a gorgeous completion to any English library or study.
Leather writing surface is replaced, minor blemishes/wear and discolorations. Surface of desk was refinished at some point during the 20th century. Overall excellent condition with age appropriate surface wear. Retains two original keys. less
- 50.89ʺW × 27.25ʺD × 31.5ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
- English Traditional
SILLA, LTD. "Fine Antiques, Art and Sculpture" in Shippensburg, PA
Silla, Ltd. is located in the historic downtown of Shippensburg, PA. Our collection focuses on ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Adjustable Desks
- Antique School Desks
- Art Desks
- Brown Writing Desks
- Butcher Block Desks
- Campaign Desks
- Computer Desks
- Corner Desks
- Curved Desks
- Desks with Drawers
- Desks with Hutch
- Desks with Shelves
- Desks with Storage
- English Traditional Writing Desks
- Floating Desks
- Fold Down Desks
- Folding Desks
- Large Desks
- Long Desks
- Mahogany Desks
- Metal Desks
- Modular Desks
- Oak Desks
- Office Desks
- Reclaimed Wood Desks
- Simple Desks
- Small Desks
- Tall Desks
- Traditional Writing Desks
- Vanity Desks
- Wood Desks
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.