A Trip Around the World in a Flying Machine by Jules Verne
This product is no longer available.
Jules Verne collectors, here's an early copy of the lesser-known novel, 'A Trip Around the World in a Flying Machine ...
more Jules Verne collectors, here's an early copy of the lesser-known novel, 'A Trip Around the World in a Flying Machine.' This hardcover, bears an 1887 copyright, although it was likely published around the early 1900s by Donohue & Co. It is undated.
This 181-page novel contains many of the prescient science fiction elements popularized by Verne, an early pioneer in literary avant garde and surrealism. Verne foresaw airplanes replacing balloon travel, and this book was published after the success of 'Around the World in Eighty Days.'
The book is in good condition, with a cover and spine somewhat worn and rubbed. The interior is clean and unmarked. The former owner left his book plate on the first free end paper.
At the back of the book, you'll find seven pages of advertisements for other early 20th Century childrens' books including Victory Boy Scout Series, Uncle Wiggly, The Jingle Book (Carolyn Wells), Motor Maid Series and Radio Boys. All were published by Donohue & Co. This is a great bonus for any children's book collector - especially those hunting for antique hard-to-find series. less
- 5.0ʺW × 1.0ʺD × 7.25ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
The Sophisticated Reader in Los Angeles, CA
Vintage literature, art & design books, fashion magazines, decorative accessories & One-of-a-Kinds for the Sophisticated Reader.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.