Mid-Century Herman Miller George Nelson Slat Bench in Maple
This product is no longer available.
This 72" Herman Miller 'George Nelson'** Mid-Century modern slat bench is finished in maple with wooden leg ends finished with ...
more This 72" Herman Miller 'George Nelson'** Mid-Century modern slat bench is finished in maple with wooden leg ends finished with metal foot sliders. It is pre-owned and in excellent condition, with very minor signs of use consistent with careful use as functional piece of home decor.
The Nelson Platform Bench is whatever you need it to be. It can be used as a wooden bench, a surface for displaying objects, or a low coffee table for holding magazines or books. It also serves as a storage bench by elegantly supporting the Nelson Basic Cabinet Series (cabinet not included). Its clean lines reflect designer George Nelson's insistence on honest design: making a visual statement that defines an object’s purpose.
Note: the bench top is approximately 1.75" thick, and the legs from base to the bench bottom are about 12.25" tall and also about 2.5" thick each.
The legs are angled from the bottom, with a resting base of 14" that meets the bench underside at 18.5" for a flush fit.
Each leg has two steel foot guards at the corners of each leg base–four in all–which raise the bench leg by about 1/2" from where it meets the floor. The unit has two legs spaced 8.25" from each side. The legs can be removed from the underside where they connect with two bolts each for easier shipping and transport.
**(This bench has a metal medallion embedded on the underside of the bench with designer George Nelson's signature and a Herman Miller™ logo which indicates authenticity.) less
- 72.0ʺW × 18.5ʺD × 14.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Mid-Century Modern
- Herman Miller
- George Nelson
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in San Francisco, CA
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Todd C. in San Francisco, CA
Ocassionally I find a few things of greater than average value, either from choice, chance ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.