Mid-Century Herman Miller George Nelson Slat Bench in Maple
This product is no longer available.
This 72" Herman Miller 'George Nelson'** Mid-Century modern slat bench is finished in maple with wooden leg ends finished with ...
more This 72" Herman Miller 'George Nelson'** Mid-Century modern slat bench is finished in maple with wooden leg ends finished with metal foot sliders. It is pre-owned and in excellent condition, with very minor signs of use consistent with careful use as functional piece of home decor.
The Nelson Platform Bench is whatever you need it to be. It can be used as a wooden bench, a surface for displaying objects, or a low coffee table for holding magazines or books. It also serves as a storage bench by elegantly supporting the Nelson Basic Cabinet Series (cabinet not included). Its clean lines reflect designer George Nelson's insistence on honest design: making a visual statement that defines an object’s purpose.
Note: the bench top is approximately 1.75" thick, and the legs from base to the bench bottom are about 12.25" tall and also about 2.5" thick each.
The legs are angled from the bottom, with a resting base of 14" that meets the bench underside at 18.5" for a flush fit.
Each leg has two steel foot guards at the corners of each leg base–four in all–which raise the bench leg by about 1/2" from where it meets the floor. The unit has two legs spaced 8.25" from each side. The legs can be removed from the underside where they connect with two bolts each for easier shipping and transport.
**(This bench has a metal medallion embedded on the underside of the bench with designer George Nelson's signature and a Herman Miller™ logo which indicates authenticity.) less
- 72ʺW × 18.5ʺD × 14ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
- Mid-Century Modern
- Herman Miller
- George Nelson
Todd C. in San Francisco, CA
Ocassionally I find a few things of greater than average value, either from choice, chance ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Bed Benches
- Bedroom Benches
- Benches with Backs
- Black Benches
- Church Benches
- Deck Benches
- Dining Benches
- Entry Benches
- Garden Benches
- Hallway Benches
- Herman Miller Benches
- Indoor Benches
- Kitchen Benches
- Log Benches
- Mid-Century Modern Benches
- Outdoor Benches
- Patio Benches
- Pew Benches
- Piano Benches
- San Francisco Benches
- Stone Benches
- Storage Benches
- Storage Benches with Drawers
- Tan Benches
- Tufted Benches
- Upholstered Benches
- Vanity Benches
- Window Benches
- Wood Benches
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.