Empire Revival Gilded Walnut Swan Neck Armchairs, 20th Century, Set of 2
This is a wonderful pair of hand carved solid walnut french empire revival armchairs, dating from the second half of … moreThis is a wonderful pair of hand carved solid walnut french empire revival armchairs, dating from the second half of the 20th century. They have beautifully carved swan armrests and raised on front sabre legs. They are beautifully upholstered in green silk with loose seat cushions and are really comfortable and ready to grace your drawing room. Add an elegant touch to your home with this exceptional pair of armchairs. Condition: in excellent condition having been beautifully cleaned and waxed in our workshops, please see photos for confirmation. Dimensions in cm: height 80 x width 69 x depth 76 dimensions in inches: height 31.5 x width 27.2 x depth 29.9 empire style, is an early 19th century design movement in architecture, furniture, other decorative arts, and the visual arts followed in europe and america until, circa 1830. The style originated in and takes its name from the rule of napoleon i in the first french empire, where it was intended to idealize napoleon's leadership and the french state. The style corresponds to the biedermeier style in the german-speaking lands, federal style in the united states and to the regency style in britain. The previous style was called louis xvi style, in france. The empire style was based on aspects of the roman empire. It is the second phase of neoclassicism which is also called "directoire", after a government system. Furniture typically had symbols and ornaments borrowed from the glorious ancient greek and roman empires. The furniture was made from heavy woods such as ebony, imported from the colonies, with dark finishes often with decorative bronze mounts. Marble tops were popular as were egyptian motifs like sphinxes, griffins, urns and eagles and the napoleonic symbols, the eagle, the bee, the initials "i" and a large "n." gilded bronze (ormolu) details displayed a high level of craftsmanship. less
- 27.17ʺW × 29.92ʺD × 31.5ʺH
- Place of Origin
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Unknown, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good — This vintage item remains fully functional, but it shows sign of age through scuffs, dings, faded finishes, minimal … moreGood — This vintage item remains fully functional, but it shows sign of age through scuffs, dings, faded finishes, minimal upholstery defects, or visible repairs\. Waxed less
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
- Wood Side Chairs
- New and Custom Art Deco Side Chairs
- New and Custom Bamboo Side Chairs
- New and Custom Children's Side Chairs
- New and Custom Mahogany Side Chairs
- New and Custom Bauhaus Side Chairs
- New and Custom French Side Chairs
- New and Custom Leather Side Chairs
- New and Custom Louis XV Side Chairs
- New and Custom Maple Side Chairs
- New and Custom Metal Side Chairs
- New and Custom Mid-Century Modern Side Chairs
- New and Custom Pink Side Chairs
- New and Custom Rattan Side Chairs
- New and Custom Side Chairs
- New and Custom Velvet Side Chairs
- New and Custom Wood Side Chairs
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs