French Louis XVI Distressed Wingback Armchair
This product is no longer available.
This delightfully worn chair of the Louis XVI taste has such beauty in the numerous layers of scrubbed cream, white ...
more This delightfully worn chair of the Louis XVI taste has such beauty in the numerous layers of scrubbed cream, white and gray paint; the carvings are crisp in recesses and naturally softened in areas of greatest handling. Built to last the test of time, the frame is crafted with generous tenon-mortised members, the corners locked together permanently with tiny wooden pins. The carved molding is typical of the period with a twisted-rope along the upper edge and repeating waterleaves along the inner edge, the crest culminating in a floral display and flanked on either corner by angular finials. Each handhold is carved with crisp serrated foliage curving over them. The chair is raised over turned and fluted legs in the typical manner, these carved with relief rosettes in the knees - the underside is left uncovered, showing a tidy and clean joinery free of repair or replacement. It is a warm and most interesting strikepoint piece for a setting where age and surface history can lend authenticity to the interior.
Measurements: 47” H x 28” W x 24 1/4” D, 17 1/2” high to seat
Upholstery in “fair” condition with staining/discoloration. Paint heavily worn and scrubbed. Old breaks and joint separations, the chair remaining in outstanding structural condition - comfortable and sturdy. less
- 28.0ʺW × 24.25ʺD × 47.0ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Shippensburg, PA
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
SILLA, LTD. "Fine Antiques, Art and Sculpture" in Shippensburg, PA
Silla, Ltd. is located in the historic downtown of Shippensburg, PA. Our collection focuses on ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 4Ask the Seller / View All
- Accent Chairs for Living Room
- Accent Chairs with Arms
- Animal Print Accent Chairs
- Armless Accent Chairs
- French Country Wingback Chairs
- French Provincial Wingback Chairs
- French Wingback Chairs
- Louis XVI Wingback Chairs
- Neoclassical Wingback Chairs
- Round Accent Chairs
- Small Accent Chairs
- Tan Wingback Chairs
- Tufted Accent Chairs
- Unique Accent Chairs
- Vintage Accent Chairs
- White Wingback Chairs
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.