Mid-Century Myrtlewood Candlestick
Hand turned common myrtlewood candlestick from the 1960's. The elegant lines and the warm colors of the wood make this ...
moreHand turned common myrtlewood candlestick from the 1960's. The elegant lines and the warm colors of the wood make this piece at home with any decor. Plus the wood is so soft it is like silk!!! This would make a great addition to any fall table or mantle display, or a great gift for any wood lover. This is a pre-owned item so please see all pictures and email me with any questions.
What is Myrtlewood?
Oregon Myrtlewood is a broadleaf evergreen native to Southwestern Oregon and Northwestern California. The Myrtle tree grows 60 to 120 feet in the wild. It is very slow growing putting on only 1 to 12 inches of growth during each of its first few years. They may take 80 to 120 years to reach full size. It is often multi-trunked, but can be kept pruned to a single trunk tree. When growing in the open it tends to have a dense, rounded, ‘gumdrop shape’. On a shady hillside it grows much taller and narrower. As a houseplant they can be pruned to fit nicely in small areas or indoors. Myrtlewood tolerates many conditions, but grows the best and fastest in deep soil with lots of compost, ample water and full sun. The color of the wood is often influenced by the minerals in the soil, which could be a factor in its popularity here on the Oregon coast. The colors range from blond to black with many shades of honey, browns, satiny grays, with reds and greens in between. Oregon Myrtlewood became popular for making gift items back in the early 1900’s. It is a hardwood which takes many finishes well. Oregon woodworkers have developed a small industry making handcrafted Myrtlewood products for visitors and residents of the area. less
- 4ʺW × 4ʺD × 7ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Perrier Designs in New Orleans, LA
Fantastic design, vintage finds and a touch of whimsy.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Brown Candle Holders
- Decorative Candle Holders
- Fireplace Candle Holders
- Geometric Candle Holders
- Hanging Candle Holders
- Hurricane Candle Holders
- Large Candle Holders
- Lodge Candle Holders
- Lotus Candle Holders
- Mercury Glass Candle Holders
- Mid-Century Modern Candle Holders
- Pillar Candle Holders
- Rustic Candle Holders
- Tall Candle Holders
- Taper Candle Holders
- Tealight Candle Holders
- Votive Candle Holders
- Wall Candle Holders
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.