Late 20th Century Xylograph Engraving "Los Conversos" by Chilean Rafael Ampuero Villarroel, Artist Proof, Framed
Signed xylography (woodcut) print by noted Chilean artist Rafael Ampuero Villarroel, titled "Los Conversos" ("The Converts"). The print was made …
moreSigned xylography (woodcut) print by noted Chilean artist Rafael Ampuero Villarroel, titled "Los Conversos" ("The Converts"). The print was made in 1969 and is an Artist Proof ("p/artist").
From Artistas Visuels Chilenos: "Rafael Ampuero Villarroel, engraver. He was born in the city of Ancud, on June 23, 1926. He died in Tomé, Chile on July 8, 1984.
Recently graduated from the humanities high school, he demonstrated his abilities by designing toys, standing out for his skill and precision in drawing. At the age of 18, while working as an official assistant to the civil registry of Concepción, he received painting lessons from Elías Zaror, who had received lessons from the painter Pedro Luna. In 1952 he was appointed professor at the School of Fine Arts in Concepción.
Later he moved to Santiago and for a year worked for the magazine El Peneca. After a year in the capital, he returned to Concepción and worked as a police reporter for the newspaper La Patria. In 1969 he was invited to participate in the decoration of the Sheraton Hotel in Santiago along with other artists. Years later he settled in Tomé, where he worked in a lumber company assuming an executive position. While fulfilling his business role, he also developed a deep pedagogical and cultural vocation. Motivated by these concerns, he joined some intellectuals with whom he founded the Círculo de Bellas Artes de Tomé whose desire was to decentralize cultural and social events in the country."
Dimensions: 20.25" x 28.5"
Condition: The print is in good condition. There is toning and wear around the edges of the paper. The glass in which it is framed has some small chips around the edges. Please examine pictures. less
- 20.25ʺW × 1ʺD × 28.5ʺH
- Art Subjects
- Frame Type
- Place of Origin
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- The print is in good condition. There is toning and wear around the edges of the paper. The glass in … moreThe print is in good condition. There is toning and wear around the edges of the paper. The glass in which it is framed has some small chips around the edges. Please examine pictures. less
Typical Shipping: 7-14 days
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs