1830 Antique Eliza Jones Friendship Sampler
This product is no longer available.
1830 Sampler by Eliza Jones with Friendship verse. The sampler is worked in wool and silk on linen ground, in … more1830 Sampler by Eliza Jones with Friendship verse. The sampler is worked in wool and silk on linen ground, in a variety of stitches. Meandering strawberry border. Colours red, light brown, pink, blue and green. Verse entitled 'Friendship' reads, 'Tell me ye knowing and disscerning few > Where I may find a Friend both firm and true. > Who dares stand by me when in deep distress. > And then his Love and Friendship most express.' Below the verse is the text, 'Honi Sait Qui mal y Perise'. A biblical passage follows, which reads, 'These incestuos sons of Lot Noah & Annan were great enemies to the Church of God nevertheless from the one even Hannah the Royal blood of Kings of Judah descended 2.Ch.12.13 and from Ruth that king of kings even Christ Jesus our Lord Mat.1.5 How unserchable are thy judgments O God. and thy ways past finding Out. Rom.n.33. > And it came to pass when God destroyed the cities of the plain that God remembered Abraham and sent Lot out of the midst of the overthrow when he overthrew the cities in the which Lot dwelt. And Lot went up out of Zoar and dwelt in the mountain and his two daughters with him for he feared to dwell in Zoar and he dwelt in A Cave. Gen.19.29.30'. Signed and dated 'Eliza Jones Her work 1830'. A good set of motifs. Five main panels to the middle. The first with a man and two girls (presumably Lot and two daughters). The other four with buildings/palaces. The top two are titled, 'Sodom Gen.19' and 'Gomorah Gen.19'. The lower two, the text is difficult to make out. Other motifs include fruit baskets, angels, potted flowering plants and birds. Framed in an old, possibly original, wood frame with glass. Mounting: The sampler is stitched to calico and stretched over acid free board and stuck on the reverse(easily removed). Frame backed with cardboard and sealed with tape.. Dimensions exclude the frame and slip. less
- 12.8ʺW × 1.2ʺD × 17.2ʺH
- 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Generally Good. A few holes repaired holes - 3 down the left border and one in the lower right. A … moreGenerally Good. A few holes repaired holes - 3 down the left border and one in the lower right. A few patchy stains, particularly in the top right. No stitch losses. Colours are all good and strong. No colour run. Stretching is slightly uneven - calico mounting material visible along the top edge and less so to the bottom. Frame showing some wear, but is structurally sound and in our opinion could be hung less
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs