Antique Federal Maple Mirrored Vanity
This product is no longer available.
Antique Federal mirrored vanity. Estimated to date from the 1920s or 1930s, this dressing table is most likely maple with ...
moreAntique Federal mirrored vanity. Estimated to date from the 1920s or 1930s, this dressing table is most likely maple with maple veneer. In extremely good condition for its age (see the bottom of this description for two areas of damage you should know about).
This piece features traditional joinery, veneering, and carving (note the sunburst pattern on the middle drawer and the scalloping above the mirror). Its design features the rigid symmetry and highly figured wood that Federal furniture is noted for (note the symmetry of the spindled table legs and the mirror braces). Unlike today’s veneers, which are usually artificial coverings glued to particle board, veneers in this period were woods and were used with dramatic effect to decorate surfaces or display highly figured or burled finishes. The mirror is in surprisingly good condition for its age.
Two damaged areas to note: One of the mortise/tendon mirror footings broke and has been professionally repaired, with no loss of stability to the mirror and no visible damage. There is some damage to the veneer in two spots of the scrolling above the mirror (please see the close-up photos).
Please also see our listing for a companion piece, an antique Federal bonnet-topped Highboy. Please contact email@example.com if interested in purchasing as a set.
Vanity: 42" W x 20" D x 30" H
Drawers: 9" W x 6" H
Mirror: 21¾" W x 38" H, with the legs and crown piece
Mirror surface: 19" W x 29" H less
- 42ʺW × 20ʺD × 30ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Lou C. in Fort Worth, TX
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 2Ask the Seller / View All
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.