Antique Edwardian Mens Silk Parasol Black Umbrella
This product is no longer available.
An absolutely one of a kind find, this antique Edwardian parasol is a beauty to behold! Featuring a stunning huge ...
moreAn absolutely one of a kind find, this antique Edwardian parasol is a beauty to behold! Featuring a stunning huge black canopy in a deep scalloped shape. A traditional Edwardian parasol, perfect for weddings, conventions, theatrical props, or decor!
This umbrella is almost doubtlessly over a hundred years old, likely from the early 1900s, and is in absolutely amazing condition. It is in perfect working condition, and opens and closes easily (operate with care!). It is, however, somewhat discolored on the interior due to rust marks from the arms - I believe these stained might be removed by someone experienced in washing antique fabrics. The exterior looks wonderful! Just two small spots of discoloration. The dark wood shaft is in good condition with a tarnished silver metal ring near the handle knob which may be silver. There is a long crack in the handle which is secure (does not wiggle or feel loose). There is one tiny tear starting (less than .5") and a few pinholes throughout. Includes original ornate knotted silk tassel.
A gorgeous and useful gem, perfect for weddings, costumes, cosplay, steampunk or goth festivals, or just having the most amazing umbrella on a sunny day!
Please note that this item is an antique. The fabric is very fragile, and while it is currently free of major tears or holes, very gentle care must be taken to preserve its condition. This item should only be used in very light rain at the owners discretion, and will likely tear if handled roughly or opened and closed frequently.
Measures 39" long (including 5" of wooden spoke above the canopy) and about 35" across when opened, canopy rests almost 18" deep! less
- 35ʺW × 39ʺD × 18ʺH
- English Traditional
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Erika - La Roux Vintage in Somerville, MA
Do you know that feeling when you're wandering through a thrift store and you ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.