Charles Bragg, Elephant Man, circa 1985
This artwork titled "Elephant Man" c.1985 is an original color lithograph by noted American artist Charles Bragg, 1931-2017. It is …
moreThis artwork titled "Elephant Man" c.1985 is an original color lithograph by noted American artist Charles Bragg, 1931-2017. It is hand signed and numbered 210/300 in pencil by the artist. The image size is 12 x 14 inches, framed is 28.85 x 35 inches. It is custom framed in a wooden gold frame. The artwork is in excellent condition, the frame has some dents and will be replaced by a new similar gold frame when is sold, before shipping. This will bring the over all condition to excellent.
About the artist.
Charles Bragg was born in St. Louis, Missouri to two Vaudeville performing parents that he traveled with throughout his childhood. He attended New York’s High School of Music and Art in Harlem and ran away with his sweetheart when he turned 18.
He studied at the Art Students League in New York and later resided in Los Angeles. Before he decided to truly pursue painting, Bragg was a cab driver, a truck driver, a stand-up comedian, and a factory worker. When he arrived in California, he began painting for the wealthy and even gave lessons. It was during this time that he began to develop satirical feelings for the upper-class he was painting.
Considered the foremost social satire artist in America, Charles Bragg is highly acclaimed for his cryptic and humorous portraits. Bragg is a spiritual descendent of Bosch, Brueghel and Daumier
His work is found in the collections of at least 20 international museums, including thePushkin Museum, Moscow, USSR - Galleria d' Arte, Moderna de Milano Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam, Holland - Dayton Art Museum, Ohio - DowneyMuseum of Art, California - Long Beach Museum of Art, California - Wichita State University Collection - Roswell Museum Collection, New Mexico - Canton Art Institute, Ohio - Loch Haven Art Center, Orlando Florida - University of Wyoming Museum of Art - The Albrecht Museum of Art, St Joseph, Mo - St Lawrence University, Canton, NY - Gibbes Art Center, Charleston, SC - Kalamazoo Institute of Arts, Michigan ¬University of Judaism, Los Angeles, Ca - Joslyn Art Museum, Omaha, Nebraska - Tyler Museum of Art, Tyler, Texas - Joseph Hirshhorn Collection, National Gallery of Design, NY less
Typical Shipping: 7-14 days
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs