Bruce Weinberg, Navajo Suite I, 1978
This artwork titled "Navajo Rug I" 1978 is a color etching, with embossing on Wove paper by noted artist Bruce …
moreThis artwork titled "Navajo Rug I" 1978 is a color etching, with embossing on Wove paper by noted artist Bruce Weinberg, 1942-1994. It is hand signed, titled, inscribed A.P and dated in pencil by the artist. The artwork size is 14.75 x 23 inches, The sheet size is 20 x 28 inches. It is in excellent condition, has never been framed.
About the artist.
Bruce Weinberg (1942-1994) studied Interior Design at the Philadelphia College of Art and Architectural Space Planning at Temple University. During the 1970's he studied printmaking and drawing at San Francisco's Fort Mason Art Center. He created limited edition etchings as well as monoprints on his handmade paper. He was best known for multi-plate color hand pulled etchings of rugs and tapestries, which appear three dimensional with folds, fringes and turned up corners. Etchings were executed by use of traditional hard and soft ground etching technique. Employing multiple copper etching plates, these images were printed on fine rag hand made paper, some with embossed borders. Weinberg went through many stages and processes to create the finished designs. Weinberg's early artwork was influenced by design elements found in Middle Eastern textiles, architecture, exotic animals and an enchantment with Southwestern and American Indian design. Weinberg in his later years became involved in the creation of monoprints. The work of Bruce Weinberg is held in museums, private and corporate collections nationwide.
Bank of America
Chubb Pacific Insurance
Indianapolis Museum of Art
Princeton University Museum
San Francisco Museum of Art
University of the Arts - Philadelphia
1979-WALNUT CREEK ART CENTER-Walnut Creek, CA
1980,'82 WORLD PRINT COUNCIL-San Francisco, CA
1983-1993-ART EXPO-Los Angeles, CA
1983-1994-ART EXPO-New York, NY
1981,'84'88'92-EDITIONS LIMITED-San Francisco CA
1981-STUDIO ASSOCIATEs, Philadelphia, Pa
1982-COLLEGE OF NOTRE DAME-Belmont, CA
1982-SAN JOSE MUSEUM OF ART-San Jose, CA
1982-UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-Davis, CA
1982-UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS-Chicago, IL
1984-SAN RAFAEL ART CENTER-San Rafael, CA
1985,'86,'88,'90-MARY BELL GALLERY-Chicago, IL
1985 -MONTVALCO CENTER FOR THE ARTS-Saratoga, CA
1985-SWEN PARSON GALLERY-Chicago, IL
1986- DEANZA COLLEGE-Cupertino, CA
1986,'87 JEWISH MUSEUM-San Francisco, CA
1986-TOKYO MUSEUM OF ART-Tokyo, Japan
1987-MARIAN PARLOW GALLERY-Olympia, WA
1987-GALLERY 500-Jenkintown, PA
1987-LISA HARRIS GALLERY-Seattle, WA
1988-MARIN CIVIC CENTER GALLERY-San Rafael, CA
1989-DEVIN GALLERIES-New Hope, PA
C.G. REIN GALLERY-Scottsdale, AZ
1994-JOANNE CHAPPELL GALLERY-San Francisco, CA
1994- SYNTEH GALLERY-Palo Alto, CA
1997-TORO GALLERY-Huntingdon Valley, Pa less
Typical Shipping: 7-14 days
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- All sales are final on some Made-to-Order items and limited selection of other items as noted in the Returns & Cancellations section of the product details.
- For all other items, sales are final 48 hours after delivery (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below).
- To request a return, please email email@example.com and include the order number and the reason for your return request.
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
- Upon inspection, if you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller. Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a refund.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of some Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs and been booked for in-home delivery
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through FedEx and will be delivered in a crate to the front of your home/building
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs
- International shipments take anywhere from 12-25 weeks to be delivered, depending on our partner’s shipping schedule and your location