Authentic Cameroon Juju Hat - Hot Pink
The Juju hat (also known as Bamiléké feather headdress or Tyn Hat) symbolized prosperity. It is believed to possess the ...
The Juju hat (also known as Bamiléké feather headdress or Tyn Hat) symbolized prosperity. It is believed to possess the beauty of birds and the fragility of life. They are traditionally worn by royal dancers during important ceremonies held by the tribal chiefs in Cameroon. In the world of interior design, they have become a source of stylish and dramatic wall decor.
The intricate design of the feathers is sewn onto a tight raffia base and covered with wood and cloth material. This type of weave is a painstaking process, and the way it neatly folds is rather remarkable. The Juju hat is evidence of the skillful weaving from West Africa using old world techniques. Each hat takes up to four artisans to create over several weeks. less
- 31.0ʺW × 8.0ʺD × 31.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $29
- Free Local Pickup in Brentwood, TN
- MAKE + MODEL in Brentwood, TN
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.