Vintage Moroccan Berber, Azilal Rug - 2′9″ × 7′
This product is no longer available.
Azilal region Rugs in the Atlas Mountains are traditionally woven by Berber women for domestic use. The wonderfully wild rich ...
more Azilal region Rugs in the Atlas Mountains are traditionally woven by Berber women for domestic use. The wonderfully wild rich and colorful composition gives insight to the culture and the environment . The figures reflect the rich colorful spring in the mountains.
The Azilal, before the 1980s, were created almost exclusively from brown undyed wool on a cream background. Clear geometric designs and cultural expressions chosen by the weaver at random define the older Azilal.
The Azilal region is a difficult to reach mountainous area that extends north of the main rise of the High Atlas to the southern foothills of the Middle Atlas. The use of color in Azilal rugs began when a migrant city dweller, inspired by a new wave of modernism, first picked up some bright synthetic thread and decided to create something different. The result was a playful, free-style rug reminiscent of a contemporary painting. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
Kimberly C. in Venice, CA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- Local Delivery
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.