Louis XV Rosewood Bureau Plat Writing Desk
This magnificent French Rosewood Bureau Plat Desk with fancy bronze ormolu mounts will be a stunning addition to your home ...
moreThis magnificent French Rosewood Bureau Plat Desk with fancy bronze ormolu mounts will be a stunning addition to your home or office décor. Fashioned in Louis the XV Style, raised on cabriole legs ending in brass sabots feet. Constructed with light and dark palisander rosewood, the desk has a four sided, curved border surface on high, elegant, four cornered legs. The narrow, overlapping table platter is adorned with a profiled, engraved bronze frame. The contrary mirror veneer is inlaid with finely engraved bronze fixtures. Decorative, broken through rocaille appliques and trim strips perfect the luxurious appearance of this elegant bureau plat desk.
I don't know much about the desk except that it is very old. There are no manufacturer markings. The CEO was a world traveler and I was told it was purchased on one of his trips to Europe. It is in good shape but has some places that could easily be touched up, if wear bothers you. I have tried to get good pics so that you have a good idea as to the areas I am referring to. It is very sturdy.
I am offering it for a steal because I purchased it for a very good price. If you look on 1st dibs, there are several desk very similar that are listed for much more. less
- 66ʺW × 32ʺD × 32ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
The Daisy Shop in Memphis, TN
The Daisy Shop was created in honor of my favorite vintage shop on Oak Street ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Adjustable Desks
- Antique School Desks
- Art Desks
- Brown Writing Desks
- Butcher Block Desks
- Campaign Desks
- Computer Desks
- Corner Desks
- Curved Desks
- Desks with Drawers
- Desks with Hutch
- Desks with Shelves
- Desks with Storage
- Floating Desks
- Fold Down Desks
- Folding Desks
- French Writing Desks
- Large Desks
- Long Desks
- Mahogany Desks
- Metal Desks
- Modular Desks
- Neoclassical Writing Desks
- Oak Desks
- Office Desks
- Reclaimed Wood Desks
- Shabby Chic Writing Desks
- Simple Desks
- Small Desks
- Tall Desks
- Traditional Writing Desks
- Vanity Desks
- Wood Desks
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.