Othon Friesz Vintage 1948 Fauvism Lmtd Edtn French Fine Art Lithograph Print " La Ciotat "
This Othon Friesz rare vintage 1948 Fauvism limited edition French fine art lithograph print " la Ciotat " 1907, is …
moreThis Othon Friesz rare vintage 1948 Fauvism limited edition French fine art lithograph print " la Ciotat " 1907, is an incredibly special and unique piece to add to your collection.
The fine art lithograph print is printed in France in 1948 by Les Editions Du Chene Paris, as part of a French portfolio of limited edition Fauvism lithograph prints titled " Les Fauves Peintures ". The vintage lithograph print features an artwork image originally created by Friesz in 1907 titled " La Ciotat ".
Achille Emile Othon Friesz ( 1879 - 1949 ) was a French Fauvist painter who developed a highly colorful style of artworks that are included in the collections of many of the world's most prestigious museums.
In 1905 Henri Matisse, Andre Derain, Maurice De Vlaminck, Georges Braque, Raoul Dufy, and Othon Friesz exhibited their highly innovative paintings at the controversial Sal D'Automne. The vivid, unnatural; colors led the art critic Louis Vauxcelles to name their works as " Les Fauves ", or " The Wild Beasts ", marking the start of The Fauvist Movement.
The lithograph print plate image measures 8 1/2" W X 6 7/8" H, on a page that is 10 7/8" W X 14 7/8" H. The print is attached to the page with a method called " tipping " where it is attached by hand on the left side edge. Behind the print plate on the page is the title, date, and size of the original artwork.
The rare out of print limited edition French lithograph print is in excellent vintage condition consistent with age and light signs of handling and wear to the page backing. It has never been framed. Please see photos for condition reference. It is now being offered here for an excellent price.
*** ( The last 3 photos are from the portfolio that the print was a part of, those additional pages are shown for origin reference, and are not included in this sale of the print ) less
- 8.5ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 6.88ʺH
- Frame Type
- Various Artists
- "Styled After"
- Henri Matisse
- Place of Origin
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- It is in excellent vintage condition consistent with age and light signs of handling and wear to the page packing. … moreIt is in excellent vintage condition consistent with age and light signs of handling and wear to the page packing. It has never been framed. Please see photos for condition reference. less
- Enter a postal code for more accurate shipping information.
Typical Shipping: 7–14 days
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is entirely different than what you purchased
Orders where Free Local Pickup or Seller Managed Local Delivery were selected:
- Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for the full cost of return packing and shipping.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs