1888 Ancient Gaul Adornment Lithograph
Original lithograph illustrated by Spiegel taken from Auguste Racinet's Le Costume Historique Volume II, which was published in Paris by ...
more Original lithograph illustrated by Spiegel taken from Auguste Racinet's Le Costume Historique Volume II, which was published in Paris by Firmin Didot in 1888. This print features colorful pieces of jewelry and adornments of ancient Gaul tribes. Gaul was a region of Western Europe during the Iron Age that was inhabited by Celtic tribes, encompassing present day France, Luxembourg, Belgium, most of Switzerland, Northern Italy, as well as the parts of the Netherlands, Central Italy and Germany on the west bank of the Rhine. Excellent condition, except for one corner which is worn down. This is 1 of 10 lithographs covering different regions and their ornamentation we have available for sale.
**Originally published in France between 1876 and 1888, Auguste Racinet's Le Costume Historique was the most wide-ranging and intelligent study of clothing ever published. Covering the world history of costume, dress, and style from antiquity through the end of the 19th century, the great work - "consolidated" in 1888 into 6 volumes containing nearly 500 plates - remains, to this day, completely unique in its scope and detail. Le Costume Historique is an absolutely invaluable reference for students, designers, artists, illustrators, and historians. We are proud to offer these rare original lithographs. less
- 7.5ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 8.5ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Boho Chic
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Costa Mesa, CA
Misc. Savant in Costa Mesa, CA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.