Vintage Lithograph "Elles [Women]" by Lautrec
This captivating mid 20th century chromolithograph (each color laid in with a separate lithographic stone) by Toulouse Lautrec (1864-1901 France ...
This captivating mid 20th century chromolithograph (each color laid in with a separate lithographic stone) by Toulouse Lautrec (1864-1901 France) is from a series of lithographs depicting genre scenes focusing on women. This is one of several lithographs from a portfolio printed in Paris in 1957. Printed on heavy stock on one side only. Please view our other listings from this series as well as our other listings of Lautrec graphics. 11"x15" unframed.
Henri Toulouse-Lautrec became one of France's most prominent Post-Impressionist painters and capturing the nightlife of part of the city, was described as "the soul of Montmartre." After his death his fabulous lithographs elevated posters to the status of fine art.
Toulouse-Lautrec moved to Paris in 1882 in order to learn from artists by working with them in their studios. He was especially impressed with Impressionist painter and sculptor Edgar Degas. Lautrec's subjects were primarily the bohemian world of Montmartre, the city's quarter where he lived and the area that had a mix that included starving artists, actors, actresses, singers and dancers such as La Goulue who created the Can Can and performed at the Moulin Rouge. It was also the location of racetracks, dancehalls and many bars and brothels, likely the places where he, a frequent visitor, got the syphilis that along with excessive alcohol consumption added to his health problems and caused his death. He partied and sketched the nightlife, and in the daytime, converted his sketches into paintings and lithographs. less
- 11.0ʺW × 1.0ʺD × 15.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $12
- Free Local Pickup in cincinnati, OH
max in cincinnati, OH
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 1Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.