1980s Abstract Monotype Print by Phil Sims, Framed
This product is no longer available.
Artist: Phil Sims (American, born 1940)
Title: Untitled #3
Image size: 4 x 4 … moreArtist: Phil Sims (American, born 1940)
Title: Untitled #3
Image size: 4 x 4 inches
paper size: 11.25 x 10 inches
Framed size: 18.5 x 17.25 inches
Signature: Signed and dated (1984) in pencil lower right
Printer: The artist
Condition: Very good
Frame: Framed in the custom original frame
This exceptional monoprint (monotype?) is by the noted abstract artist Phil Sims (1940-). It is a beautiful, fluid example of abstract expressionist printmaking. I also have another work by Phil Sims listed on Chairish.
Phil Sims is born in 1940 in Richmond, California.
Before turning to painting, Sims was a potter and a ceramic artist.
In the mid- 1960s he attends the San Francisco Art Institute, and he is now considered a master in the use of color as an expressive medium.
At the beginning of his artistic education, he looks at the use of color by the Abstract Expressionism artists.
His early career develops as part of the artistic group Radical Painters (Marcia Hafif, Joseph Marioni, Olivier Mosset and Jerry Zeniuk). However, in 1984, after the group exhibition Radical Painting, the group splits up and each artist decides to follow a more personal artistic path.
He is known for his minimal art and non-objective imagery. Sims’s work is held in many collections and museums worldwide.
Works held in museums includes: Musee D'Art Contemporain (Lyon, France); Malmo Kunsthalle (Malmo, Sweden); Wadsworth Atheneum (Hartford, CT) Boca Raton Museum Of Art less
- 17.25ʺW × 1.5ʺD × 18.5ʺH
- Art Subjects
- Frame Type
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- The print and frame are in very good condition. The print and frame are in very good condition. less
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs