Antique English Huntsman Brown Butter Dish
Antique cheese or butter dish produced by Arthur Wood of England, and marked, "Ye Olde Coaching & Hunting Days." ...
more Antique cheese or butter dish produced by Arthur Wood of England, and marked, "Ye Olde Coaching & Hunting Days." Lovely, covered dish featuring warm shades of sepia and brown. On one side of the lid there is a lone man on horseback, and on the other side there is a man on a horse with a pair of hounds. The art is in black line work. On the bottom plate there is a crack in the glaze, and on the inner side of the lid some faint fingermarks in the glaze. These would have happened in production.
A note from the seller: The English hallmark dates it to 1935. My mum brought this with her when she came to the states as a war bride from the UK in 1945. The origins of this traditional English brand go back over 124 years to the Wood family, and the famous master potters Ralph and Enoch Wood.
Bottom plate: 7.5w x 5.25 t
Top: 5.75" l x 2.75" t less
- 7.5ʺW × 5.25ʺD × 4.25ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- English Traditional
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $9
- Free Local Pickup in Los Angeles, CA
Fern S. in Los Angeles, CA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.