Original Nina Simone Photo, Signed
This product is no longer available.
The great Nina Simone photographed at The Apollo, New York 1973, by acclaimed photographer Alex Harsley.
Obtained directly from the ... more The great Nina Simone photographed at The Apollo, New York 1973, by acclaimed photographer Alex Harsley.
Obtained directly from the artist. The photo is hand signed on the reverse.
Excellent overall print quality. Can be matted to fit beautifully in a 16x20 inch frame.
About the Artist
Photographer Alex Harsley is best known for his five decade long fascination with New York City streets from shots of life in Harlem in the 1950s to velvety black-and-white images of downtown, late at night and silent, under snow in the 1990s. A Whitney Museum exhibited visual artist and New York Times featured photographer, Alex’s discerning eye for the vibrancy & inner soul of evolving social conditions around New York City stand as a true testament of the 20th century.
Alex’s graceful portraits of a young Muhammad Ali, Phillip Glass, John Coltrane & Jean-Michel Basquiat add to a body of work that will continue to grow in historical significance. In 1971, Harsley founded Minority Photographers, Inc. - An internationally recognized organization helping aspiring and professional artists.
Guggenheim awarded visual artist Dawoud Bey best summarizes Harsley’s work as that which, “seeks out those quiet moments that allow for a visual and personal reflection… we come away with the realization that Alex Harsley has been quietly adding to our experience of the world through the eyes of a sensitive and knowing artist.” less
- 12ʺW × 1ʺD × 18ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
The Downtown Score in New York, NY
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 2Ask the Seller / View All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.