Original Nina Simone Photo, Signed
This product is no longer available.
The great Nina Simone photographed at The Apollo, New York 1973, by acclaimed photographer Alex Harsley.
Obtained directly from the ... more The great Nina Simone photographed at The Apollo, New York 1973, by acclaimed photographer Alex Harsley.
Obtained directly from the artist. The photo is hand signed on the reverse.
Excellent overall print quality. Can be matted to fit beautifully in a 16x20 inch frame.
About the Artist
Photographer Alex Harsley is best known for his five decade long fascination with New York City streets from shots of life in Harlem in the 1950s to velvety black-and-white images of downtown, late at night and silent, under snow in the 1990s. A Whitney Museum exhibited visual artist and New York Times featured photographer, Alex’s discerning eye for the vibrancy & inner soul of evolving social conditions around New York City stand as a true testament of the 20th century.
Alex’s graceful portraits of a young Muhammad Ali, Phillip Glass, John Coltrane & Jean-Michel Basquiat add to a body of work that will continue to grow in historical significance. In 1971, Harsley founded Minority Photographers, Inc. - An internationally recognized organization helping aspiring and professional artists.
Guggenheim awarded visual artist Dawoud Bey best summarizes Harsley’s work as that which, “seeks out those quiet moments that allow for a visual and personal reflection… we come away with the realization that Alex Harsley has been quietly adding to our experience of the world through the eyes of a sensitive and knowing artist.” less
- 12.0ʺW × 1.0ʺD × 18.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $20
The Downtown Score in New York, NY
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 2Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.