Kaiko Moti "The Steed" Horse Hand Signed Matted Aquatint Etching Edition of 120 C. 1980s
Limited edition aquatint etching of a horse by late Indian artist Kaiko Moti. Matted, not framed. Hand signed and numbered …
moreLimited edition aquatint etching of a horse by late Indian artist Kaiko Moti. Matted, not framed. Hand signed and numbered by the artist in pencil. Matted Size: 25-3/4" x 30-3/4", Image Size: 18" x 23". Edition Number: 84/120. Condition of the artwork is excellent. Mat is great. Comes with certificate of authenticity. Make an offer!
Born (Kaikobad Motiwalla) in Bombay, India on December 15, 1921, Moti was first educated at the Bombay School of Fine Arts but his talent led him onwards to study at the University College in London (on scholarship) and at the Slade School of Fine Arts, London, where he received a Master's degree in Painting and Sculpture.
Eventually moving to Paris in 1950, which he made his permanent home, Moti attended the Academie de la Grand Chaumiere, Atelier Zadkine, to pursue his love of sculpture but lack of space soon compelled him to turn his attention to working on copper plates and he studied engraving with William Stanley Hayter at Atelier 17. While working as an apprentice at the Hayter School, Moti innovated the principal of viscosity printing.
Influenced mainly by the Old Masters and, in particular, by Turner, Moti is today recognized by many to be one of the premier engravers in the world. He claimed, however, to have no secret techniques, only to have refined the basic methods, learning from each work he creates.
Moti's work has been shown all over the world, most notably the Biennale in Venice, the Bibliotheque Nationale in Paris, the New York Public Library and the New Delhi Museum of Art. His work can be found in public and private collections including Victoria and Albert Museum in London; the French National Museum of Modern Art and the Bibliotheque Nationale in Paris.
He is represented in the permanent collections of the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Paris Musee d'Art Moderne, and the Bibliotheque Nationale and is an honorary member of the Academy of Florence. In 1983 Moti was awarded the gold medal for the Competition d'Art Impressioniste, Musee d'Argenteiul, France. less
- 30.75ʺW × 0.25ʺD × 25.75ʺH
- Frame Type
- Art Subjects
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Condition of the Artwork is Excellent. Mat is Great. Condition of the Artwork is Excellent. Mat is Great. less
- Enter a postal code for more accurate shipping information.
Typical Shipping: 7–14 days
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is entirely different than what you purchased
- Some made-to-order items and a limited selection of other items (noted as non-refundable in the returns and cancellations section of the product description)
Orders where Free Local Pickup or Seller Managed Local Delivery were selected:
- Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final
- International, cross-border returns may require different processes depending on the countries between which the item is shipping to/from, and the buyer is responsible and duties (if applicable, on cross-border orders).
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for the full cost of return packing and shipping.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of some Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs and been booked for in-home delivery
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through FedEx and will be delivered in a crate to the front of your home/building
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs
- International shipments take anywhere from 12-25 weeks to be delivered, depending on our partner’s shipping schedule and your location