Antique Chinese Opium Daybed
This product is no longer available.
Large Chinese opium bed with bamboo mat and carved design on the sides. The daybed is from China, Qing Dynasty ...
more Large Chinese opium bed with bamboo mat and carved design on the sides. The daybed is from China, Qing Dynasty, circa 19th century (1644 to 1912).
The Chinese opium bed features rich dark reddish brown wood, woven matting over wooden support, and three removable side rails highly carved with fruits, flower, kettles and vases. It has an indented waist above a gently flared skirt with a carved apron highlighted with a coppery finish. The legs are massive cabrioles finishing in scrolled, carved feet.
Condition: Nice condition overall (some expected degradation due to its age including possible areas of professional restoration which is common for antique furniture).
Note from seller: We have enjoyed this antique for many year, the sturdiness and the perfect height from the floor make this piece a foundation to build memories from for years to come. I only wish it was conducive to our adventurist lifestyle (traveling and moving around the world) for I would pack it and bring it along for the adventure.
If you are looking for a unique piece in your bedroom, this Opium bed is the perfect union of elegance and drama. RARE Find. Very sturdy. Beautifully constructed with a woven rattan top and hand painted wooden panels that are removable. Size fits Queen size mattress.
- 60.0ʺW × 92.0ʺD × 30.0ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Coushatta, LA
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Rory D. in Coushatta, LA
An eclectic mix of culture & design styles that is all our own...we believe in ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 7Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.