Vintage Turkish Kilim Kars Runner - 2'8 X 13'9
A vintage, Turkish Kilim flatweave in blush red, brick red, mustard, black, beige, sage, coffee, stone grey featuring a star ...
A vintage, Turkish Kilim flatweave in blush red, brick red, mustard, black, beige, sage, coffee, stone grey featuring a star and running water motif. Kilims are perhaps best described as the folk art of Turkey. The symbols and motifs used in weaving kilims are common amongst most weavers, but each tribal or regional group has their own way of interpreting those symbols. While many kilims are woven today for the commercial market, the same is not true of older kilim pieces. Until about 1975, the rug world was just not interested in kilims. Times have certainly changed! Kilims have made their way into the decor of the world, from palaces in the French countryside to the mountains of Colorado.
The symbols that provide the design motifs on each kilim are varied, but almost all concern the desire for a strong and harmonious family, the hope for good harvest and healthy animals, and protection from harm to all of those entities. In this piece, the running water symbolizes the hope for prosperity, as do most stars. less
- 2′8″ × 13′9″ and 0.2″ thick
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Sioux Falls, SD
Rug & Relic in Sioux Falls, SD
Rug & Relic is one of the best sources for vintage and antique kilims and carpets ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.