Ole Wanscher Mid-Century Rosewood Chairs - A Pair
Very rare and stunning mid-century easy chairs by Danish designer Ole Wanscher for France & Son.
Solid rosewood arms, stunning ... more Very rare and stunning mid-century easy chairs by Danish designer Ole Wanscher for France & Son.
Solid rosewood arms, stunning veneer backs and incredible craftsmanship make these highly collectible and sought after. Perfectly proportioned and balanced these chairs are wonderfully comfortable and stylish. The Brazilian rosewood these chairs are made of was a favorite material of high end furniture makers in the 1950s and 1960s, and the embargo on cutting and exporting of the wood in the late 1960s has since made these chairs even rarer and more valuable. Both chairs have the France & Son medallions, are marked 'Made in Denmark' and are individually numbered.
These chairs will ship with the original spring loaded cushions which are incredibly comfortable. They are perfectly fine for immediate use, but I would recommend they be recovered in your choice of fabric and color.
The rosewood arm and leg frames are in fantastic condition, showing very little sign of wear. The back panel veneer is gorgeous and though there are some signs of age, they are structurally sound. The front stretcher on one chairs shows some cracking due to drying out but again, the structural integrity is not affected. These are heavy and solidly-built chairs.
The dimensions are:
27 1/2" high (to top of frame), 32" high to top of back cushion.
18" seat cushion height. less
- 27.0ʺW × 27.0ʺD × 27.5ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Ole Wanscher
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $200
- Free Local Pickup in Lakeland, FL
Trystcraft in Lakeland, FL
TrystCraft offers a selection of beautiful mid century, Danish modern and unique furniture.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.