Summer Garden by Elke Behrens, 1994
Signed lower right, 'Behrens'; additionally signed verso 'Elke Behrens' and titled, 'Summer Gardens' and painted circa 1994.
Framed Dimensions: 42 ... moreSigned lower right, 'Behrens'; additionally signed verso 'Elke Behrens' and titled, 'Summer Gardens' and painted circa 1994.
Framed Dimensions: 42.25 H x 42 W x 1.75 D Inches
Elke Behrens first studied at the San Francisco Art Institute and the California College of Arts and Crafts and, subsequently, at the Cecil Graves Studio in Florence, Italy. Her paintings have been exhibited in solo and group exhibitions in the United States and worldwide including in San Francisco, Santa Fe, Germany, Switzerland and Singapore. Her work may be found in numerous public and private collections including that of the Sultan of Brunei.
"My love of painting has taken me to many corners of the world where the artistic histories have inspired me in my art. These experiences have helped me to construct my “weltanschauung”, or world philosophy, which has guided my artistic sensibility. Born in Hamburg, Germany, I came to the United States at the age of thirteen. After having spent many years in New England I later moved to the San Francisco Bay Area, where I now live. I turned to painting after suffering several significant personal losses. Since then I have worked prolifically and diligently, rarely spending a day without painting. Channeled by my strong motivation and dedication, I aspire to create whimsical images that offer a balance of child-like simplicity with contrasting depth. My paintings and images are densely layered and covered with a mesh of vivid colors and graffitied or scratched images. The inspiration for my work stems from masters, such as Basquiat, Dubuffet and Klimt, and of course, the simplest artistic creations of children." less
- 38ʺW × 0.01ʺD × 37ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
painting: edge rubbing, pin holes;
frame: will ship with plexiglass; minor marks to plexi painting: edge rubbing, pin holes;
frame: will ship with plexiglass; minor marks to plexi less
- Oil Paint
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
McNaught Fine Art in Santa Cruz, CA
A 1986 graduate of Christie's Fine Arts of London, I headed the fine art ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Abstract Paintings
- Oil Paintings
- Horse Paintings
- Portrait Paintings
- Nude Paintings
- Landscape Paintings
- Miniature Paintings
- Sunflower Paintings
- Cat Paintings
- Flower Paintings
- Surrealist Paintings
- Venice Oil Paintings
- Black and White Paintings
- Still Life Paintings
- Famous Paintings
- Sunset Paintings
- Forest Paintings
- Greek Paintings
- Cherry Blossom Paintings
- Classic Paintings
- 3D Paintings
- Dot Paintings
- Green Paintings
- Pink Paintings
- Airbrush Paintings
- Beach Paintings
- Fruit Oil Paintings
- Genre Paintings
- House Paintings
- Moon Paintings
- Purple Paintings
- Watercolor Paintings
- Yellow Paintings
- Color Field Paintings
- Dog Paintings
- Face Paintings
- Rock Paintings
- Action Paintings
- Car Paintings
- Oil Paint Paintings
- Venus Paintings
- Galaxy Paintings
- Still Life Oil Paintings
- Tree Paintings
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.