1980s Pastel Modern Chargers - Set of 5
Set of 5 chargers from The Quilted Giraffe, a nouvelle cuisine fine dining establishment that was once located in Midtown ...
moreSet of 5 chargers from The Quilted Giraffe, a nouvelle cuisine fine dining establishment that was once located in Midtown, Manhattan in New York City. The restaurant founded by Barry Wine and his now ex-wife Susan first opened in New Paltz, New York in 1975 and moved to the borough of Manhattan in 1979. It was first located on 50th street then moving to 55th Street and Madison Avenue in the Sony Tower (then the AT&T Building). It was in operation for a little more than 18 years. The run ended on New Year's Day in 1993 when Sony purchased the building and bought out the Wines’ lease at a "seven figure sum," according to the couple.
Regulars at the establishment included, Warren Beatty, Woody Allen, Adnan Khashoggi, Ivan Boesky, Michael Milken, and John DeLorean and Cristina Ferrare.
The restaurant was awarded four stars by New York Times food critic Marion Burros in 1984 and two additional times by New York Times food critic Bryan Miller.
Barry Wine is a food consultant in the restaurant and entertainment business. He studied architecture at Columbia University and majored in law at Chicago University. After graduating, he became a lawyer for securities corporations in Wall Street. In 1975, he opened a restaurant called Quilted Giraffe in New York which was claimed as highly as the famous, five star Four Seasons restaurant. His cuisine was eccentric full with Japanese influences. In 1992, he produced an elegant dining club located on the top story of the Sony Entertainment Building and remained executive president until 1995. In 1996, he started Restaurant City which is a internet site containing to the restaurant entertainment business. You can even find a pizza pie named after him, Barry Wine Pizza, at Mercer's Kitchen in Soho, New York.
Among the chefs who worked under Wine at the restaurant and then went on to notable careers are Jan Birnbaum, Carmen González, David Kinch and Tom Colicchio
Measures 12” x 1 1/8”. The base is 7”
Set of 5 RARE collectible charger plates that could be used as well dinner plates. In Fantastic condition, these were never used for dining. No chips, no damage of any kind. Just beautiful. Purchased and stored in a cabinet. Never used. less
- 12ʺW × 12ʺD × 1ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- ALL in Fantastic condition, these were never used for dining. No chips, no damage of any kind. Just beautiful. Purchased ... moreALL in Fantastic condition, these were never used for dining. No chips, no damage of any kind. Just beautiful. Purchased and stored in a cabinet. Never used. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
Joni P. in Baltimore, MD
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.