Saks Fifth Avenue Vintage Italian Suitcases - Pair
This product is no longer available
Rare vintage suitcases made in Italy for Saks Fifth Avenue. Although the design harks back to an earlier era (Edwardian ...
Rare vintage suitcases made in Italy for Saks Fifth Avenue. Although the design harks back to an earlier era (Edwardian era to 1920s), the style of the label may point towards the mid-20th century. The exterior covering is what a luggage expert describes as "fawn velvet," not because of the color but because of the texture. Sturdy leather trim and very heavy solid brass fittings. Suitcases are identical, except for lining material and size. Both include interior leather labels reading "Saks Fifth Avenue Italy." See condition description below. Would make a great prop.
Smaller suitcase: 24 in. wide at the bottom, 22 in. wide at the top, 15 in. tall, 6 1/4 in. deep; buckle: 2 1/4 x 2 1/2 in.
Larger suitcase: 29 1/2 in. wide at the bottom, 26 in. wide at the top, 17 in. tall, 7 in. deep; buckle: 2 1/2 x 2 3/4 in.
Condition: Each suitcase has two heavy metal zippers marked "riri." Only one of the four zippers is undamaged and fully functional, although all open and close. The other three are damaged to various degrees, including some missing teeth, teeth that don't meet, and separation of the teeth from the zipper's fabric. The leather handles, corner trim and buckle flaps are in excellent condition, with age-appropriate wear. The leather piping, as well as the leather which covers the frame, is scuffed, especially so around the bottom. Both suitcases have one interior compartment with leather snap flaps and leather straps with buckles, all in good condition. Each suitcase has a small lock, but it may or may not be original. There are no keys.
PICTURE #4 - SMALLER SUITCASE:
Frame #1 - Back view (both identical)
Frame #2 - Detail of tooled leather embellishment at buckle closure (both identical)
Frame #3 - Detail of tooled leather embellishment at end of handle (all identical), and some rust stains on fabric
Frame #4 - Interior, striped cotton lining, open compartment with snap closure, two leather straps with buckle closure
Frame #5 - Saks Fifth Avenue Italy leather label
Frame #6 - Both zipper ends would fit over central prong which has a hole through which the lock would be hooked and closed
Frame #7 - Zipper damage
Frame #8 - Scuffed leather frame covering
Frame #9 - Additional zipper damage
PICTURE #5 - LARGER SUITCASE:
Frame #1 - Piece holding leather handle is partially unstitched
Frame #2 - Scuffed leather piping
Frame #3 - Detail of tooled leather embellishment at bottom corners (all identical)
Frame #4 - Zipper damage
Frame #5 - Bottom of frame is creased/bent and covering has a tear
Frame #6 - Scuffed leather frame covering
Frame #7 - Both zipper ends fit over central prong which has a hole through which the lock would be hooked and closed
Frame #8 - Saks Fifth Avenue Italy leather label
Frame #9 - Brown interior cotton lining, open compartment with snap closure; note stains and small hole near bottom right
- 29.5ʺW × 7.0ʺD × 17.0ʺH
- Needs Work Great bones, but will need some work
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $29
- Free Local Pickup in Fort Pierce, FL
Alegria Collection in Fort Pierce, FL
At Alegria Collection you will find vintage home décor, housewares, art, jewelry and unique gifts ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.