Morris Louis Rare Vintage 1989 Xtra Lrg Abstract Expressionist Lithograph Print Framed Poster " Point of Tranquility " 1959
This Morris Louis rare vintage 1989 extra large Abstract Expressionist lithograph print custom framed museum poster " Point of Tranquility ...
moreThis Morris Louis rare vintage 1989 extra large Abstract Expressionist lithograph print custom framed museum poster " Point of Tranquility " 1959, is an incredibly special and unique piece to add to your collection.
Published in 1989 by Graphique de France, printed in France in an unnumbered limited edition for The Hirschhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution. The artwork featured in the lithograph print poster is titled " Point of Tranquility " originally created in 1959 from the series " Themes and Variations ", by the artist Morris Louis.
Morris Louis Bernstein ( 1912 - 1962 ) the American Abstract Expressionist Modernist painter of a Russian jewish descent became one of the earliest exponents in the 1950's of " Color Field " paintings. Along with Kenneth Noland and other artists he founded the art movement of Washington D.C. area painters known today as " The Washington Color School ".
He painted among his contemporaries Jackson Pollock, Barnett Newman, Clyfford Still, Mark Rothko, Helen Frankenthaer, & Robert Motherwell among others. Major retrospective exhibitions of Louis's work have ben held at The Guggenheim Museum, The Museum of Modern Art New York, The MFA Boston, The National Gallery of Art D.C., and The Tel Aviv Museum of Art.
The rare out of print Abstract Expressionist lithograph print extra large framed poster measures 42" W X 35 3/4" H X 1" D. It is custom framed with glass in a Contemporary Modern matte satin finish white front with natural maple outer side edge detail wood frame molding, with an attached hanging wire on the reverse back side for easy wall installation.
It is in excellent condition. The poster print is in excellent vintage condition consistent with age with light signs of handling to the surface, and some small creases in the lower right bottom corner edge. It is brand newly custom framed and has never been displayed. Please see photos for condition reference. It is now being offered here for an excellent price. less
- 42ʺW × 1ʺD × 35.75ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- It is in excellent condition. The poster print is in excellent vintage condition consistent with age with light signs of ... moreIt is in excellent condition. The poster print is in excellent vintage condition consistent with age with light signs of handling to the surface, and some small creases in the lower right bottom corner edge. It is brand newly custom framed and has never been displayed. Please see photos for condition reference. less
- Various Artists
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
DESIGN REVOLUTION in leawood, KS
- Super Seller 2018
- Super Seller 2019
DESIGN IS MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Mid-Century Modern Posters
- Circus Posters
- Concert Posters
- Movie Posters
- Posters in Kansas City
- Retro Posters
- Advertisement Posters
- Classroom Posters
- Psychedelic Posters
- Travel Posters
- Blue Posters
- Music Posters
- Wood Posters
- Orange Posters
- Rock Posters
- White Posters
- Band Posters
- Contemporary Posters
- Yellow Posters
- Paper Posters
- Pink Posters
- Brown Posters
- Green Posters
- Lithograph Posters
- Royal Blue Posters
- Safety Posters
- Abstract Expressionism Posters
- Coffee Posters
- Glass Posters
- Hot Pink Posters
- Printmaking Materials Posters
- Teal Posters
- Turquoise Posters
- Various Artists Posters
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.