Vintage Midcentury Dazor Floor Lamp
This product is no longer available.
Vintage ca. 1940s, early 1950s, Dazor fluorescent floating pedestal floor lamp. All metal construction, brown in color, with a sturdy ...
more Vintage ca. 1940s, early 1950s, Dazor fluorescent floating pedestal floor lamp. All metal construction, brown in color, with a sturdy weighted base. It has a two-prong plug and operates with two fluorescent bulbs. Included are two 15-watt Long Life F15T8/CW bulbs, Made in USA. The lamp is equipped with red and black on-and-off switches on the shade.
The nomenclature tag is missing, but the lamp's design is basically the same as the Dazor 2924C available today. The notable difference is that today's lamp operates on two 30-watt bulbs.
- Height, from floor to "knuckle" when rod to lamp is positioned at a right angle (see picture #3, top left): 63 in.
- From tip of "knuckle" to lamp shade: 19 in.
- Shade: 18 1/2 in. long x 4 in. wide x 2 in. at highest point
- From floor to bottom of joint that connects pole to counterbalance spring enclosure: 33 in.
- Reach from center of counterbalance spring enclosure to lamp shade when extended to its maximum: 33 in (see picture #4, top right)
- Diameter of cast iron base: 12 in. [there are 12 iron feet as part of the casting]
- Round cap on top of the base: 6 1/4 in.
- Cord: 9 ft.
- Weight before packing: 26 lbs.; ships via FedEx Ground
*****As with all vintage lighting, testing | inspection by a professional is recommended. Sold as is.*****
The on | off switch is new. The cord has been replaced from the base to the wall plug. All other interior wiring is original. Overall good vintage condition with age-appropriate signs of wear. The brown painted surface shows scuffs and smudges, and some places look like they may have been repainted. There are remains of stickers on the shade. The base is black--may have been repainted. The underside of the lamp shade has taken on a grayish color. The nut and screw holding the swivel joint at top of lamp shade appear to be a replacement. The two 15-watt bulbs work but both are darker at the ends; unknown how much life remains.
- 18.0ʺW × 12.0ʺD × 63.0ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Fort Pierce, FL
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Alegria Collection in Fort Pierce, FL
At Alegria Collection you will find vintage home décor, housewares, art, jewelry and unique gifts ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 3Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.