Lucite Sculpture Ceramic Raku Pottery Tony Evans
This product is no longer available.
PANTONE NEW COLORS!! So Boho Chic!
A pair of vintage lucite and raku ceramic pots from the awe inspiring Tony ... more PANTONE NEW COLORS!! So Boho Chic!
A pair of vintage lucite and raku ceramic pots from the awe inspiring Tony Evans. They are signed and numbered. The larger piece is presented on a Lucite or acrylic base.
These were purchased about 30 years ago. Each piece is handmade, so the shapes are never identical, and the raku glazing process assures each piece is totally one-of-a-kind.
The Raku fired process is thus: "Glaze is applied to ceramic bisqueware. The ware is placed in the kiln where it is fired until the kiln glows orange (app 1700 degrees). The pieces are then pulled from the hot kiln and immersed in dry leaves, newspaper or sawdust, then quickly reduced. Finished results are highly spontaneous. The glazes used produce a subtle iridescent sand texture, a metallic luster or a smooth crackle finish. Black areas occur where no glaze is applied. (These are led free glazes.)" Evans Design Group has always been noted for its beautiful Raku pottery - an ancient Japanese method of firing pottery
that changes the glaze color in unusual ways making each piece unique and individual.
The results of this procedure are awesome, the muted and blended colors, the fluid, irregular, almost dancing forms. The work seems inspired and spontaneous, and is a pleasure to gaze at around the home. I actually find solace in it. No two works are ever the same because of the unique finished results always varying.
9 1/2" deep
8" deep less
- 13.0ʺW × 9.5ʺD × 6.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in Scottsdale, AZ
We Love Lucite in Scottsdale, AZ
Here you will find quality items that we personally select for their rarity and ‘wow ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.