1990s Wool on Wool Village Rug - 3′ × 3′7″
This is a vintage 100% wool Kilim rug. The piece was handmade and naturally dyed.
Difference between anatolian Kilims and ... moreThis is a vintage 100% wool Kilim rug. The piece was handmade and naturally dyed.
Difference between anatolian Kilims and carpets:Kilim a Kilim is a pileless, hand-woven, flatwave, traditional rug. Different than the carpet, Kilim is formed with flatweaving with two groups of woolen ropes; one group is vertically , and the other group is horizontally placed. The horizontal group of ropes (atki) are passed through the vertical group of ropes (cozgu). When this group of rope reaches to the end, it turns back on the same path. With this way of passing the group of rope on the same path over and over, motifs are formed with different group of ropes with different colors. The Kilim flatwave is the basic flatwave that it has a different function than the carpet weaving. Kilim is woven and used by nomadic turkomans so it has a basic style. It is lighter than carpet and has limited materials when compared to carpet. However, they are still woven with ancient methods and they are precious since they are the only cultural and historical records of nomadic cultures. Kilim is the basic weaving technique. Although jijim, zili and soumak are classified as Kilim, they have different weaving techniques. Carpet there are two well-known methods of carpet weaving: double knot/turkish knot/gordes knot: it is the technique that has been used by turkish people since the ancient times. Thus, it has been identified wth turkish carpet weaving. It provides strenght and durability thanks to its firmer weave. less
- 3′ × 3′7″ and 0.15″ thick
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- I do not edit the colors of my pictures and strive to show my items as they appear in natural ... moreI do not edit the colors of my pictures and strive to show my items as they appear in natural light. less
- Place of Origin
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
Mayra M. in Miramar, FL
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Turkish Rugs
- Karastan Rugs
- Kilim Rugs
- Zebra Rugs
- Braided Rugs
- Wool Rugs
- Sheepskin Rugs
- Shag Rugs
- Round Rugs
- Jute Rugs
- Berber Rugs
- Silk Rugs
- Oval Rugs
- Tibetan Rugs
- Flat Weave Rugs
- Cow Hide Rugs
- Rag Rugs
- Rugs in Miami
- Natural Fiber Rugs
- Jaipur Rugs
- Aztec Rugs
- Pink Rugs
- Flat Woven Rugs
- Berber Area Rugs
- Striped Runner Rugs
- Tapestry Rugs
- Rya Rugs
- Striped Rugs
- Wool Runner Rugs
- New and Custom Rugs
- Hand Woven Rugs
- Luxury Rugs
- Large Rugs
- Leopard Rugs
- Outdoor Rugs
- Extra Large Rugs
- Artisan Rugs
- Black and White Rugs
- Small Rugs
- Black and White Area Rugs
- Geometric Rugs
- Green Rugs
- Denim Rugs
- Diamond Rugs
- Floral Rugs
- Geometric Area Rugs
- Islamic Rugs
- Round Area Rugs
- Herringbone Rugs
- Medallion Rugs
- Patchwork Rugs
- Plush Rugs
- Rose Rugs
- Round Floral Rugs
- Soft Area Rugs
- Textile Rugs
- Wool Rugs
- Rope Rugs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.