Violet Parkhurst, Original Oil Painting
This product is no longer available
Violet Parkhurst (American artist, 1921-2008) "Rocky Main Coast Sunset" Original Oil Painting. Worked In Los Angeles.
This is an original ... more Violet Parkhurst (American artist, 1921-2008) "Rocky Main Coast Sunset" Original Oil Painting. Worked In Los Angeles.
This is an original oil painting on canvas by renowned American artist, Violet Parkhurst. This painting is hand signed in the right quadrant. The artwork has been executed on canvas. This painting was appraised by Violet Parkhurst Galleries.
Provenance: This fine artwork came from an estate in Maryland, United States. A Certificate of Authenticity hand signed by Parkhurst Galleries, will be included with this sale. Many original paintings by Violet Parkhurst were used as images for famous illustrations, lithographic prints and decorative artwork. This fine painting will add character and class to any home. Moreover, the strength of this artist’s recent sales at fine art galleries worldwide will add to the future value of this painting. Please inquire about many other original paintings, also available for sale
Description: original oil painting by Violet Parkhurst depicting a vibrant yellow, orange and red toned sunset seascape. Multiple waves and clouds illuminated by setting sun. Rock formations on left. Artist signature in lower right corner.
Title: Rocky Main Coast Sunset
Measurements: 24" Tall x 36" wide
Medium: oil on canvas
Condition: very good
Creation date: late 2002
World renowned marine artist Violet Kinney Parkhurst passed away Sunday January 13, 2008 in San Pedro, California. Violet Parkhurst was born in Derby Line, VT, April 26, 1921, and attended the School of Practical Arts in Boston, and Baylor College in Waco, Texas and the Museum in Rio de Janeiro. Violet finished her formal training in the arts at Los Angeles City College.
Her legendary seascapes are collected by over five million people around the world including four US Presidents, two Presidents of China, King of Saudi Arabia, and a host of celebrities including her very first admirer Clark Gable. Parkhurst paintings are on permanent collection in dozens of museums around the world including the China National Museum of Fine Art and the Stockholm Museum. She has also been on exhibit in the Louvre and Prado Museums. In the Spring of 2002, Violet Parkhurst was honored as the first western artist to have paintings in the collections of The Great Hall of the Peoples Republic of China and the China National Museum of Fine Arts, and was installed as Professor Emeritus at the Jilin Art College.
In 2005 Violet Parkhurst, through the efforts of Councilwoman Janice Hahn and Larry Covin, was honored for her contribution to the arts by the City of Los Angeles, with a resolution granting her a namesake day, Violet Parkhurst Day, November 3rd. Her lifetime philanthropic contributions included serving on the Board of Directors for the Hollywood Bowl Easter Sunrise Service with two years service as President. Her artwork has been seen on the cover of the program for the past 20+ years. Violet Parkhurst’s contribution to cross-cultural philanthropy is evident in her position as chairwoman of the World American Cultural Exchange, as well as her early work as a foreign correspondent. One of her seascapes was chosen with twenty-four other artists' paintings to tour Europe for the Cultural Exchange. For her successful masterful rendering of paintings, Violet Parkhurst has won scholarships, trophies, over thirty blue-ribbons, accolades, critical acclaims and an international reputation.
On Allan Sloane's T.V. program, Allan introduced her as "The world's greatest woman marine painter." Violet Parkhurst paints seascapes -life-like studies of the bubbling foam-flinging seas of the world, which thunder off the shores in their wild rush for the beach. Her range of work, from the mysterious moonlit seas, to the shimmering summer surf, is inspired by her undying thirst for life and the beauty that surrounds us everyday.”
Violet Parkhurst’s legendary seascapes are exhibited in exclusive museums and private collections around the world. Her extensive list of five million collectors include four US Presidents, two Presidents of China, King of Saudi Arabia, and a host of celebrities including her very first admirer Clark Gable. Parkhurst paintings are currently exhibited on permanent collection in dozens of museums around the world including the Beijing National Museum (China), Stockholm Museum (Sweden). She has also exhibited in the famous Louvre, Paris and Prado, Madrid Museums. In 2004 Violet Parkhurst was honored for her contribution to the arts by the City of Los Angeles, with granting of her own namesake day, Violet Parkhurst Day, November 2nd.
Two of her seascapes were chosen with twenty-four other artist's paintings to tour Europe for the Cultural Exchange. The show was at all major museums including the Louvre and Prado. The two paintings are now in the permanent collection of the Stockholm Museum.
In the Spring of 2002, Violet Parkhurst was invited to China, where she was honored as the first western artist to have paintings in the collections of The Great Hall of the Peoples Republic of China and the China National Museum of Fine Arts, and was installed as Professor Emeritus at the Jilin Art College.
Violet has served on the Board of Directors for the Hollywood Bowl Easter Sunrise Service and her artwork has been used on the cover of the program for the past 20+ years. For her lifetime achievement Violet is listed in Who's Who in the World, Who's Who in International Art, Community Leaders, Noteworthy Americans and American Artists of Renown. less
- 36.0ʺW × 2.0ʺD × 24.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Cockeysville, MD
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Mary Kay's Furniture in Cockeysville, MD
Mary Kay’s Furniture is owned and operated in Timonium, MD 21093. Our goal is ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.