19th Century English Chubb & Son Partners Desk
Gorgeous solid Mahogany partners desk made by famed locksmiths "Chubb & Son" who were appointed as the royal locksmiths / makers ... moreGorgeous solid Mahogany partners desk made by famed locksmiths "Chubb & Son" who were appointed as the royal locksmiths / makers for her majesty the queen (please see closeup photo for makers mark on top drawer). The desk consists of a lovely top with rich green leather, which sits upon two plinth bases which each have completely lockable drawers and cabinets. Solid mahogany construction, exquisite dovetails, solid hand planed drawers. All locks fully operable and all hardware is original to the piece. This is the real deal and is likely from the 1850's-1860's - these desks were often copied and reproduced in the 19th/20th century. There was a later restoration and some attempts at modernizing the piece (cutout in the top for computer / laptop wires) - and also a cutout on one of the plinth bases to receive electrical outlets should one choose. less
- 72ʺW × 42ʺD × 31ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Amazing condition with old restoration evident (Last Restoration looks to be done about 20 years ago). Light surface scratches, knicks ... moreAmazing condition with old restoration evident (Last Restoration looks to be done about 20 years ago). Light surface scratches, knicks, and general use to wood to be expected of antique this old. The leather top is in nice shape, there is slight discoloration where some tape was left. There was a hole cut into the top of the desk to receive electronic wires (for laptops ect). And also two receptacles placed into the side of one of the plinth bases for electrical outlets to be placed (later added, these are not original but were done at some point in the past). less
- Place of Origin
- Table Shape
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
06824 does not qualify.
AE Design LA in Los Angeles, CA
AE Design LA focuses on exquisite furniture pieces from Art Deco to Post-Modern and everything ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.