Gilbert Rhode for Herman Miller Kidney Desk
A mid-century vintage, kidney-shaped desk by Gilbert Rohde for Herman Miller.
This Gilbert Rohde kidney shaped solid wood desk has ... more A mid-century vintage, kidney-shaped desk by Gilbert Rohde for Herman Miller.
This Gilbert Rohde kidney shaped solid wood desk has two pencil drawers, a writing shelf, one side drawer, and one file drawer with adjustable divider. The drawer compartment and legs are wrapped with leatherette with brass nailhead detail. The desk is in original condition with minor scuffs consistent with age and careful use.
The seller says: "I bought this desk at a mid-century antiques auction in the late 1990s."
"Gilbert Rohde (1894-1944), whose career as a furniture and industrial designer helped to define American modernism during its first phase from the late 1920s to World War II, is best known today for inaugurating modern design at Herman Miller Inc." less
- 57.0ʺW × 28.0ʺD × 29.25ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Herman Miller
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Brookline, MA
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Michael K. in Brookline, MA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.