Alvin M. Cohen Vintage “Images In Colors” Painting
"Images in Colors" oil painting on panel from the estate of American artist Alvin M. Cohen (1923-2003, American). Painted in ...
more"Images in Colors" oil painting on panel from the estate of American artist Alvin M. Cohen (1923-2003, American). Painted in Paris in 1955, titled, and signed. A full collection from this estate is also available for sale.
The physical components of an oil painting expand and contract in reaction to temperature conditions through the years and do not threaten the stability or condition of a painting, natural warping to the panel in lower left, shown in photo.
Born in Utica New York. Alivin M. Cohon entered Pratt Institute in New York after graduation from Forest Park in Baltimore. When World War Two began he enlisted in the Army and became a Private First Class in the Army Air Corps.While in the Army he filled sketchbooks with drawings while he traveled thru India and Burma and ended his tour of duty in Okinawa. He did cartoons for the Army New Letter and painted sexy women on the side of fighter planes.After the war he finished his education at UMD studying art with Herman Meril. After earning a degree at Johns Hopkins in business he used the GI Bill to go to Paris in the early 50’s and study art with Fernand Leger. In Paris he studied with Fernand Leger from 1951-1952. He won the Grand Prize of the Exposition of the Atelier in 1951. There is a copy of a letter from Leger praising his work dated 1951. He had an exhibition in Paris in 1951 at the Galerie Raymond Duncan. He spent his time in Paris creating an immense body of work following in the Cubist style. In addition, he also did many watercolor and pencil sketches of his travels through the rest of Europe including Italy and Spain. In 1953 he got married and they lived in the DC area and had two children, he worked for some advertising agencies in those years, and for a time with the Washington Post. In the early 70’s he began working again for the Post and continued there for 25 years as assistant art director. He died on March 25, 2003 at the age of 80.
- 39ʺW × 2ʺD × 32ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
Mary Kay's Furniture in Timonium, MD
- Super Seller 2018
- Super Seller 2019
Mary Kay’s Furniture is owned and operated in Timonium, MD 21093. Our goal is ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Mid-Century Modern Paintings
- Oil Paintings
- Horse Paintings
- Portrait Paintings
- Nude Paintings
- Landscape Paintings
- Miniature Paintings
- Sunflower Paintings
- Cat Paintings
- Flower Paintings
- Surrealist Paintings
- Venice Oil Paintings
- Black and White Paintings
- Still Life Paintings
- Modern Paintings
- Famous Paintings
- Sunset Paintings
- Forest Paintings
- Greek Paintings
- Cherry Blossom Paintings
- Classic Paintings
- 3D Paintings
- Dot Paintings
- Green Paintings
- Airbrush Paintings
- Beach Paintings
- Fruit Oil Paintings
- Genre Paintings
- House Paintings
- Moon Paintings
- Watercolor Paintings
- Color Field Paintings
- Dog Paintings
- Face Paintings
- Rock Paintings
- Action Paintings
- Car Paintings
- Venus Paintings
- Galaxy Paintings
- Paintings in Baltimore
- Still Life Oil Paintings
- Tree Paintings
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.