1989 Original Poster for Artis 89's Images Internationales Pour Les Droits De l'Homme Et Du Citoyen - Marianne
Size: 23.5 x 33 inches
Artist: Streitenfeld, Dirk
About The Poster:
In 1989, to celebrate the bicentennial of ... moreDate: 1989
Size: 23.5 x 33 inches
Artist: Streitenfeld, Dirk
About The Poster:
In 1989, to celebrate the bicentennial of the French Revolution, Artis 89 asked 66 international artists and designers to create an original poster that would celebrate the Declaration of the Rights of Man and the Citizen. Artis 89 planned a series of simultaneous exhibitions around the world and an accompanying poster catalog.
The Declaration of the Rights of Man and the Citizen is an important human civil rights document that dates back to the 1789 revolution which, combined with Magna Carta, the English Bill of Rights, the United States Declaration of Independence and the United States Bill of Rights, greatly inspired the 1948 United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The Declaration consists of articles concerning equality, freedom, safety, property, and resistance against oppression. Each poster in this collection references one or more of these rights.
The Artis poster collection was named Images internationals pour Les droits de l’Homme et du Citoyen and was printed by Imprimerie Marchand using offset lithography.
The cover page poster for the project, designed by the Grapus Collective reads:
“The World and the declaration of the rights of man. The declaration of the rights of man in the world. These two ideas have given birth to this poster exhibition commemorating the bi-centenary of the French Revolution – a project also inspired by the Warsaw Biennale which, since its creation in 1966, has been a melting pot of social and cultural images. Having involved 66 contemporary artists in this project, we asked them to express, from their own cultural viewpoint, the power of the concept of human rights. Our commitment was to promote their freedom of expression through the execution of this project. Several hundred copies of this event have been distributed and will be shown simultaneously around the world. Carried by this wave, other creators, researchers, and participants on the struggle for human rights have contributed to the bilingual book accompanying the exhibition. “FOR HUMAN RIGHTS, histories, images, and voices” brings together texts, reports, and thoughts on this common denominator: LIBERTY. We are proud to present this artistic and intellectual creation, this blend of hope and lucidity which is our modest contribution to the commemoration of bi-centenary. We invite you to share it with us, to help further its ideals.”
This poster shows slight signs of wear. less
- 23.5ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 33ʺH
- Place of Origin
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- This poster shows slight signs of wear. This poster shows slight signs of wear. less
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- All sales are final on Made-to-Order items, some jewelry and limited selection of other items as noted in the returns and cancellations section of the product description.
- For all other items, sales are final 48 hours after delivery (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below).
- To request a return, please email email@example.com and include the order number and the reason for your return request.
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
- Upon inspection, if you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller. Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a refund.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type,, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.