1930s Vintage German Persian Sultanabad Design Rug - 8′8″ × 18′
Europeans love to have Persian and other oriental rugs in their home or offic, that's why the Persian rugs always ... moreEuropeans love to have Persian and other oriental rugs in their home or offic, that's why the Persian rugs always have been highly demanded in Europe. During the 1920's and 1930's the Persian and Caucasian rugs were so popular and the weavers in Persia and Caucasus could not keep up with the orders from the western merchants. Thus, Some of the merchants decided to make the Persian and Caucasian design in Europe, some started in Germany which is called Tetex and some were made in Austria with another technique. The Germans mostly did geometric designs such as Heriz, Serapi, Some Bokhara and Caucasians, but the ones were made in Austria had floral design, mostly were taken from Persian Tabriz and Mahal patterns. Without being bias It must admit that Europeans did better in color combination than Persians or other weavers in the Caucasus. The one that we are offering here is a German Tetex, its pattern got inspired from a late an 1880 Persian Sultanabad Mahal , is made of best wool quality with phenomenal color combination, you really must see it in person to realize that how beautiful this piece is. . If you wanted to buy an original Persian Sultanabad Mahal at this size and condition, you easily had to pay $65,000.00 minimum. but now you could bring a look of $65,000.00 to your home by spending a lot more less. I have been only dealer online that once in a while I offer these rare tetex rugs. I have sold almost 90% of them amd whoever has purchased them is one happy client. Besides this oneI have two more in my auction, which are smaller. Also this is the first time that I have found an over size or palace size. This piece is in awesome condition. looks like it was made yesterday. If you were carious to see how its back looks like, It does exactly like the front. Unlike some European rug that have backing in the back, the back of this one is exactly look like Persian. If you have room for this beauty , do not wait , just click it before is too late specially at this price, which is ridiculously low. You Will Love it. less
- 8′8″ × 18′ and 0.35″ thick
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- mint condition mint condition less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
Rug Pro in Los Angeles, CA
My name is Sean. I have a Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering from the ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Karastan Rugs
- Persian Rugs
- Rugs in Los Angeles
- Zebra Rugs
- Kilim Rugs
- Braided Rugs
- Wool Rugs
- Shag Rugs
- Sheepskin Rugs
- Round Rugs
- Jute Rugs
- Cow Hide Rugs
- Flat Weave Rugs
- Oval Rugs
- Berber Rugs
- Silk Rugs
- Jaipur Rugs
- Tibetan Rugs
- Aztec Rugs
- Striped Runner Rugs
- Wool Runner Rugs
- Natural Fiber Rugs
- Flat Woven Rugs
- Berber Area Rugs
- Outdoor Rugs
- Rag Rugs
- Artisan Rugs
- Hand Woven Rugs
- Black and White Rugs
- Extra Large Rugs
- Striped Rugs
- Tapestry Rugs
- Floral Rugs
- Large Rugs
- Traditional Rugs
- Black and White Area Rugs
- Luxury Rugs
- Patchwork Rugs
- Round Area Rugs
- Geometric Area Rugs
- Geometric Rugs
- Herringbone Rugs
- Leopard Rugs
- Rya Rugs
- Small Rugs
- Denim Rugs
- Islamic Rugs
- Soft Area Rugs
- Diamond Rugs
- Medallion Rugs
- Plush Rugs
- Round Floral Rugs
- Textile Rugs
- Wool Rugs
- Red Rugs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.