Antique 1920s Western Electric A1 Rotary Dial Telephome
Vintage 1920s Western Electric set known as the D76869 with a wooden 315H sub set. This phone was first introduced ...
more Vintage 1920s Western Electric set known as the D76869 with a wooden 315H sub set. This phone was first introduced to the public in 1925, and had a relatively short life span. In 1927 the designation D76869 was removed from the stem and renamed A-1. Production ended with this model in 1927 with the introduction of Western Electric's model 102. Or B type Handset Mounting.
This phone is in its original condition with the exception of the handset and subset cords. They were changed out due to dry rot. The 2HB dial looks like it was added at a later date. Sometime around the 1930's. This phone is ready to use and can be plugged into a standard telephone jack. The dial turns smoothly. The telephone transmits and receives clearly. The bell has a nice ring.
The 315H sub set has had some changes to its internal workings to accommodate today's phone systems. If desired it can be put back into its original condition with little effort.
The telephone has a metal base and a Bakelite E1 handset. The handset is all original. There are no visible cracks in the Bakelite. The cloth cords have been replaced with new cloth cords. The bell box is the original wood with the dove tail joints. No cracks evident on the wooden box. The box can be mounted on a wall or displayed as shown.
Please check with your telephone provider if your current telephone system can accept rotary dial telephones.
9" wide 6" high 5-1/2" deep
315H BELL BOX
6-1/2" wide 9" high 5-1/4" deep
1 year warranty included in the price of the phone for parts and labor. Warranty does not cover breakage of the exterior of the phone. Warranty is through American Telephone Store. less
- 8.5ʺW × 11ʺD × 9ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
American Telephone Store in Petaluma, CA
My creative juices flow when I see old movies from the golden era of film ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.