Antique 1920s Western Electric A1 Rotary Dial Telephome
Vintage 1920s Western Electric set known as the D76869 with a wooden 315H sub set. This phone was first introduced ...
more Vintage 1920s Western Electric set known as the D76869 with a wooden 315H sub set. This phone was first introduced to the public in 1925, and had a relatively short life span. In 1927 the designation D76869 was removed from the stem and renamed A-1. Production ended with this model in 1927 with the introduction of Western Electric's model 102. Or B type Handset Mounting.
This phone is in its original condition with the exception of the handset and subset cords. They were changed out due to dry rot. The 2HB dial looks like it was added at a later date. Sometime around the 1930's. This phone is ready to use and can be plugged into a standard telephone jack. The dial turns smoothly. The telephone transmits and receives clearly. The bell has a nice ring.
The 315H sub set has had some changes to its internal workings to accommodate today's phone systems. If desired it can be put back into its original condition with little effort.
The telephone has a metal base and a Bakelite E1 handset. The handset is all original. There are no visible cracks in the Bakelite. The cloth cords have been replaced with new cloth cords. The bell box is the original wood with the dove tail joints. No cracks evident on the wooden box. The box can be mounted on a wall or displayed as shown.
Please check with your telephone provider if your current telephone system can accept rotary dial telephones.
9" wide 6" high 5-1/2" deep
315H BELL BOX
6-1/2" wide 9" high 5-1/4" deep
1 year warranty included in the price of the phone for parts and labor. Warranty does not cover breakage of the exterior of the phone. Warranty is through American Telephone Store. less
- 8.5ʺW × 11.0ʺD × 9.0ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in Petaluma, CA
American Telephone Store in Petaluma, CA
My creative juices flow when I see old movies from the golden era of film ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.