19th Century Vintage French Wood and Striped Fabric Footstool
"Antigua" by SidebySide
This 19th century footstool carries character from its feet to seat. An antique marvel newly revived in ... more"Antigua" by SidebySide
This 19th century footstool carries character from its feet to seat. An antique marvel newly revived in traditional striped fabric from Guatemala. Antigua is the colourful surprise in a living space. Upholstered by hand using natural materials in the traditional French method, finished with trimming in a complementary green, and SidebySide signature vintage button. Stool sourced in Paris, France and fabric in Guatemala.
SidebySide furniture and décor are part of an exclusive collection. A harmonious blend of the past and present, each one-of-a-kind piece is a modern bon vivant made with luxurious, vibrant textiles upholstered by hand. SidebySide creations are recognizable by its bohemian spirit, a burst of fun, colourful fabrics fused into elegant antiques, a true statement piece in any interior.
SidebySide sources its antique pieces, which date from the 19th and early 20th century periods, in France and abroad. Each item has been meticulously restored by hand, embracing traditional French upholstery techniques dating back to the 18th century. Tried-and-true from room to room, from generation to generation, from house to house, brighten a living space with furniture that tells a story. less
- 13ʺW × 12ʺD × 7ʺH
- 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Design Modified, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Antique footstool completely restored - renovated wooden base (wax) and new handmade upholstery (vegetable fibre, horsehair, and fabric) Antique footstool completely restored - renovated wooden base (wax) and new handmade upholstery (vegetable fibre, horsehair, and fabric) less
- Place of Origin
- Seat Height
- 7.0 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
SidebySide collection by Sophie Quéré in New York, NY
A descendant of a long line of fabric weavers from Charlieu, amid France’s historic ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 2Ask the Seller / View All
- Tufted Leather Ottomans
- Pouf Ottomans
- Cowhide Ottomans
- Velvet Ottomans
- Boho Chic Ottomans and Footstools
- Round Ottomans
- Upholstered Ottomans
- Large Ottomans
- French Ottomans and Footstools
- Zebra Ottomans
- Shabby Chic Ottomans and Footstools
- Green Ottomans and Footstools
- Coffee Table Ottomans
- Orange Ottomans and Footstools
- Round Leather Ottomans
- Oversized Ottomans
- Cocktail Ottomans
- Fur Ottomans
- Wood Ottomans and Footstools
- Bench Ottomans
- Round Tufted Ottomans
- Outdoor Ottomans
- Storage Ottomans
- Table Ottomans
- Blue Ottomans and Footstools
- Cube Ottomans
- Traditional Ottomans and Footstools
- Square Ottomans
- Ottomans with Trays
- White Ottomans and Footstools
- Ottomans and Footstools in New York
- Small Ottomans
- New and Custom Ottomans and Footstools
- Tufted Ottomans
- Textile Ottomans and Footstools
- Upholstery Ottomans and Footstools
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.