Hans Hofmann Rare Vintage 1968 Mid Century Modern Abstract Expressionist Framed Collector's Lithograph Print " Exuberance " 1955
This Hans Hofmann rare vintage 1968 Mid Century Modern Abstract Expressionist framed collector's lithograph print " Exuberance " 1955, is ...
moreThis Hans Hofmann rare vintage 1968 Mid Century Modern Abstract Expressionist framed collector's lithograph print " Exuberance " 1955, is an incredibly special and unique piece to add to your collection.
Printed in 1968 by Springbok Editions. The Lithograph print is a one of a kind proof print created for an in house presentation by Springbok Editions. In 1968 Springbok licensed the artwork image in cooperation with The Alright - Knox Art Gallery Museum in Buffalo New York to create a special edition lithograph print art puzzle. It features an Abstract Expressionist artwork created by Hofmann in 1955 titled " Exuberance ". As this lithograph print was never published for commercial use it is a truly special, one of a kind very rare piece.
The framed lithograph print was held in the private collection of the creative executive who oversaw the special edition lithograph print puzzle project, Edwin R. Mallery ( 1923 - 2005 ) since it was printed in 1968.
Hans Hofmann ( 1880 - 1966 ) German born, is one of the most important painters of the Post War Abstract Expressionist movement. His work is distinguished by a rigorous concern with pictorial structure, spatial illusions, and color relationships. he believed that Abstract Art was a way to get at the important reality. He famously stated that " The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary that the necessary can speak ".
He was both an artist and an educator with his own schools of painting in New York and Provincetown. His alumni included Lee Krasner, Helen Frankenthaler, Louise Nevelson, Ray Eames, and John Grillo among many others.
Major retrospective exhibitions of his work have been held by The Museum of Modern Art New York, and the Tate Museum London among many other international museums. The artworks of Hans Hofmann are included in the permanent collections of many of the worlds most prestigious museums.
The rare vintage framed collector's lithograph print measures 24 3/4" W X 30" H X 1" D. It is period custom framed with glass in 1968, in a classic Modern gold tone polished brass finish metal clad wrapped wood frame molding. Presented with an ivory cream & black double matt mounting, with an attached hanging wire on the reverse back side for easy wall installation.
It is in excellent vintage condition consistent with age and light signs of handling to the frame molding. Please see photos for condition reference. It is now being offered here for an excellent price.
- 24.75ʺW × 1ʺD × 30ʺH
- Various Artists
- "Styled After"
- Willem de Kooning
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- It is in excellent vintage condition consistent with age and light signs of handling to the frame molding. Please see ... moreIt is in excellent vintage condition consistent with age and light signs of handling to the frame molding. Please see photos for condition reference. less
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
DESIGN REVOLUTION in leawood, KS
- Super Seller 2018
DESIGN IS MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.