Pair Post-Modern Hand-Crafted Maple Chairs Signed Brice B. Durbin 1996
Wonderful pair of Post-Modern hand-crafted maple chairs signed by artist Brice B. Durbin and dated March 1996. Reminiscent of Ettore ...
moreWonderful pair of Post-Modern hand-crafted maple chairs signed by artist Brice B. Durbin and dated March 1996. Reminiscent of Ettore Sottsass and the Memphis Group. They are in wonderful vintage condition with no outstanding flaws. Please see photos.
Wow! We are in love with these Post-Modern treasures! I don’t know whether you should use these interesting and wonderful maple hand crafted chairs or put them on a pedestal. Comprised of solid maple. The back and back legs are in the shape of a capital printed “I” and the front pair of legs an “H” with the crossbar set low. There is a square crossbar from the front to the back tying the sets of legs together. A thinner square formed of planks of maple makes up the seat which is supported by the tops of the “H” uprights and intersects the column of the “I”. The seat has a “U” shape slightly carved in it that perfectly cradles your rump. These would be the perfect spot to sit to put on your shoes or they could double as night stands or side tables. Maybe that extra seating you need in the kitchen. Surprising to their hard and blocky look they are quite comfy. The chairs are signed by the artist, Brice B. Durbin, and dated March 1996 in Topeka, Kansas. We have been unable to locate him or find any information about him. But whoever and wherever he is, he did a marvelous job!! You need to make these yours.
• Height – 30 Inches
• Width – 17 Inches
• Depth – 20 Inches
• Seat Height – 19.5 Inches
• Inside Seat Width – 17 Inches
• Inside Seat Depth – 16.75 Inches
• Inside Back Height – 10.5 Inches
• Weight – 20.5 Pounds Each
• Height – 44 Inches
• Width – 21 Inches
• Depth – 29 Inches
• Weight – 55 Pounds
- 17ʺW × 20ʺD × 30ʺH
- Late 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- They are in wonderful vintage condition with no outstanding flaws. Please see photos. They are in wonderful vintage condition with no outstanding flaws. Please see photos. less
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Seat Height
- 19.5 inches
- Seat Interior Depth
- 16.75 inches
- Seat Interior Width
- 17.0 inches
- Table Shape
- Other (unique shapes)
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Chris G. in Topeka, KS
- Super Seller 2018
13,000 square feet of high-style vintage furnishings, home décor, art & more! Warehouse 414 is ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Farmhouse Dining Chairs
- Wood Dining Chairs
- Swivel Dining Chairs
- Folding Dining Chairs
- Round Back Dining Chairs
- Danish Dining Chairs
- Upholstered Dining Chairs
- High Back Dining Chairs
- Modern Dining Chairs
- Rolling Dining Chairs
- Comfortable Dining Chairs
- Black Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Tufted Dining Chairs
- Tan Dining Chairs
- Dining Chairs with Arms
- Tall Dining Chairs
- Rattan Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Reupholstered Dining Chairs
- Memphis Dining Chairs
- Modern Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Outdoor Wood Dining Chairs
- White Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Maple Dining Chairs
- Teak Outdoor Dining Chairs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.