Antique C. Ahrenfeldt Limoges Dinner Plates With Hand Painted and Gilt Accents - Set of 12
For your consideration this original one set of 12 BEAUTIFUL Limoges Porcelain Plates, Charles Ahrenfeldt created for famed high-end Richard ...
moreFor your consideration this original one set of 12 BEAUTIFUL Limoges Porcelain Plates, Charles Ahrenfeldt created for famed high-end Richard Briggs Co., Boston. Intricately Hand-painted Gold Decorations, Stenciling, Vibrant Floral Transfers with flowers that are hand painted and gilt accents, France! Plates. Very rare and hard to find.
This is a tremendously cool piece of collectable French Limoges porcelain. It is double marked by both the French maker, and also carries the mark for the Richard Briggs Co, a Boston importer that catered to the wealthy patrons of the gilded age.
This piece is highly gilded and beautifully hand painted. The gilding appears to be hand tooled and is spectacular in its detail. The piece is most likely a dinner plate and the design is centered around a gilt "madala" in the center of the plate. The inner rim is is a complicated hand tooled gilded design while the outer rim consists of flowers and vines in red and green with heavy gilding. It also has a gilded rim.
The second mark on the plate is CA France. This mark can be traced to Carl Ahrenfeldt. Ahrenfeldt was a maker in France starting in 1859 until his death in 1893. This mark appears to be an older mark so I'm dating the piece to the 1860 - 75 period based on the two mars appearing together.
This is a beautiful rare display piece of antique limoges porcelain by a famous important maker imported by a seller who specialized in clients like the Vanderbilts and Asters.
~ ELEGANT work of art for your collection. Stunning antique display.
Made for Richard Briggs Co., Boston. Green stamps to the underside of all.
12 Ahrenfeldt Limoges Dinner Plates Available. There is only one little nick on one plate near the gold edge, however it is little and not on the gold part. You can see in the photo. The others are in excellent condition.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Items Included: 12 Plates
Maker: C. Ahrenfeldt
Marks: Authenic Maker's Mark
9.5" W x 1.0" H x 9.5" D less
- 9.5ʺW × 1ʺD × 9.5ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- 12 Ahrenfeldt Limoges Dinner Plates Available. There is only one little nick on one plate near the gold edge, however ... more12 Ahrenfeldt Limoges Dinner Plates Available. There is only one little nick on one plate near the gold edge, however it is little and not on the gold part. You can see in the photo. The others are in excellent condition. You can see in the photo. less
- Art Deco
- Place of Origin
- Drawing/Sketching Materials
- Gold Leaf
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
John in Bradenton, FL
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.