- Casegoods & Storage
- Trunks & Chests
- Trunks & Blanket Chests
- 1950s Louis Vuitton Monogram Lady's Steamer Trunk
1950s Louis Vuitton Monogram Lady's Steamer Trunk
This product is no longer available.
A fantastic 1950s Louis Vuitton Lady's trunk with monogram canvas exterior and modular interior.
Exterior clad in signature chocolate brown ... moreA fantastic 1950s Louis Vuitton Lady's trunk with monogram canvas exterior and modular interior.
Exterior clad in signature chocolate brown canvas with iconic “LV” monogram pattern. Distinguished by the original owner's super chic, instantly identifiable red & white racing stripes and boldly emblazoned personal monogram. Cognac leather trim printed with two rows of the “LV” monogram. Varnished wood slats have brass studs stamped "Louis Vuitton". Thick leather handles on either end are complete and give the appearance of being intact, though one is partially detached, and the other entirely so. Portions of the leather center strap remain, with all of its loops being present.
Handsome original brass hardware has a rich, warm patina. Left and right latches impressed with “LV”. Center lockable latch (key no longer extant) and escutcheon impressed with the following: “Louis Vuitton" encircled by "70 Champs Elysees / Paris" and "149 New Bond Street / London”; “Made in France”; and serial number “076726”. Retains all four very discreet roller-style wheels.
Incredibly clean interior is fully lined and has a padded lid decorated in “Louis Vuitton” narrow twill ribbons laid in a diamond pattern that’s cleverly echoed by the border of the personal monogram. Tray with fabric-covered wood frame lifts out to reveal a removable hat cage, with both featuring “Louis Vuitton” wide cotton twill ribbon open construction. Embellished with rounded brass upholstery tacks throughout.
Orange leather label with serial number “789524”, which dates the trunk to having been made in the 1950s. Purchased around that time in New York City, it made a one-way, cross-country trip to its home in San Francisco not long thereafter. Typical and expected wear, as well as shipping label and security tape remnants, speak to its history and enhance its authentic character.
The name of the original owner, as well as additional photos, can be provided upon request. less
- 36ʺW × 21ʺD × 23ʺH
- Louis Vuitton
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- In handsome vintage condition showing very desirable character, as described above. Marks/dings to wood, leather, and brass. Minor bit ... moreIn handsome vintage condition showing very desirable character, as described above. Marks/dings to wood, leather, and brass. Minor bit of green patina on lock. Tiny metal patch and one missing brad. Canvas remarkably clean. Handles/strap have wear/losses. Interior is excellent: one loose tack, and a couple tiny marks. less
Past Perfect in San Francisco, CA
- Super Seller 2018
Past Perfect is a San Francisco-based vintage, mid-century, Danish modern, and antiques collective established in ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Antique Trunks
- Brass Trunks & Blanket Chests
- Brass Trunks & Blanket Chests
- Brown Trunks & Blanket Chests
- Decorative Trunks
- Fabric Trunks & Blanket Chests
- Gold Trunks & Blanket Chests
- Leather Trunks & Blanket Chests
- Locking Trunks
- Metal Trunks & Blanket Chests
- Orange Trunks & Blanket Chests
- Red Trunks & Blanket Chests
- San Francisco Trunks & Blanket Chests
- Steamer Trunks
- Storage Trunks
- The School of Paris Trunks & Blanket Chests
- Traditional Trunks & Blanket Chests
- Travel Trunks
- Upholstery Trunks & Blanket Chests
- Wardrobe Trunks
- White Trunks & Blanket Chests
- Wood Trunks & Blanket Chests
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.