Russel Wright for Harker Mid-Century White Clover Serving Platters Dishes - Set of 3
This product is no longer available.
About Russel Wright: Russel Wright's method of design came from the belief that the table was the center of the ...
moreAbout Russel Wright: Russel Wright's method of design came from the belief that the table was the center of the home. Designing in layers from there outwards, he designed tableware to larger furniture, architecture to landscaping, all according to his concept of easy, informal living. It was through his immensely popular and widely distributed housewares and furnishings that he revolutionized the way Americans lived and organized their homes in the mid-20th century.
Produced by the Harker China Company between 1951 and 1955, "White Clover" was Russel Wright's first attempt to integrate pattern into his dinnerware designs. The Museum of Modern Art acquired a set for permanent exhibit, and granted it their Good Design Award. Its limited release accounts for its relative scarcity today. Done in the Scarce Charcoal Glaze it was Wright's first offering of patterned dinnerware. Charcoal is the hardest to find of the four colors. The pattern is created by an Intaglio Carving of the white clover which is then glazed over. This set is one of Wright's harder-to-find designs.
The 3 platters each measure 13" across and 10.5 across. Each have age crazing and utensil wear commesurate with wear. No cracks or chips, but they do have several small smooth glaze/pottery bubbles on surface, none of the glaze has broken through. Photos were taken when slightly damp to reveal level of crazing. When dry the crazing is reduced and visible only upon close inspection. They are marked on the back "Russel Wright Harkerware".
I do my best to describe the condition as accurately as possible, but please remember that these are vintage, pre-owned items and do have wear consistent with their age.
I have listed this item to the best of my ability and have tried to describe
it as accurately as possible. Please read the description and inspect the
photos before making a purchase.
I am happy to answer any and all questions. If something is not detailed
enough for you, or you need more pictures, or you would like more
information, please just ask!
I will wrap carefully in bubble wrap.
- 13ʺW × 10.5ʺD × 2ʺH
- Mid 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Each have age crazing and utensil wear commesurate with wear. No cracks or chips, but they do have several small ... moreEach have age crazing and utensil wear commesurate with wear. No cracks or chips, but they do have several small smooth glaze/pottery bubbles on surface, none of the glaze has broken through. Photos were taken when slightly damp to reveal level of crazing. When dry the crazing is reduced and visible only upon close inspection. less
- Russel Wright
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
Paris B. in Milton, MA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.